Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Food you can't stop eating until you're sick.............

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food you can't stop eating until you're sick.............

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:00 am

Scones with clotted cream. No, I mean clotted cream with scones.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
See's chocolates - for me, any more than 3-4 pieces and its a guaranteed stomach ache
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Mickidon
Scones with clotted cream. No, I mean clotted cream with scones.
^ Or just clotted cream.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:15 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Betty Crocker scalloped potatos

rainier cherries
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Sugar-free Jelly Bellies
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
In my world it could be an entire food group.
Don't you people have any dental work? If I ate those things I would have a handful of fillings and crowns being pulled out of my mouth.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA
Oh man, that Swedish Fish picture (the candy, not the can) is killing me!

I often take a book to bed at night along with a glass of white wine and a dozen or so pieces of fruity candy (Dots, Jujubees, Jelly Bellies, Mike & Ike's, Skittles, Starburst -- Hot Tamales thrown in there just to mix it up). I would love to have some Swedish Fish tonight.

Has to be fruity candy with white wine; chocolate only goes with red. I can't be the only person who thinks that.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by cubbie
Oh man, that Swedish Fish picture (the candy, not the can) is killing me!

I often take a book to bed at night along with a glass of white wine and a dozen or so pieces of fruity candy (Dots, Jujubees, Jelly Bellies, Mike & Ike's, Skittles, Starburst -- Hot Tamales thrown in there just to mix it up). I would love to have some Swedish Fish tonight.

Has to be fruity candy with white wine; chocolate only goes with red. I can't be the only person who thinks that.
Oh, man. A glass of Pinot Grigio and a handful of gummy peaches and I'm in heaven.

Originally Posted by corky
Don't you people have any dental work? If I ate those things I would have a handful of fillings and crowns being pulled out of my mouth.
Where do you think the dental work came from in the first place? The candy monster came alive for me at a very early age and has never been tamed.

Dots. Red Hot Dollars. Gummy bears. Jujubes. Starburst. Licorice, red and black. Nougat. Oh my.

My mouth is all bridges, crowns and implants at this point.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 9, 2016 at 11:02 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:50 am
Suspended

Did anyone mention pork scratchings yet ?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Betty Crocker scalloped potatos
I identify with this. I feel so guilty but even my foodie daughter who travels the world seeking out 3* Michelin restaurants gobbles them down, and we fight over the crispy edges that you have to scrape off the baking dish.

I made what the NYTimes called the worlds best brownies today. A fortune in chocolate and involving making fresh caramel. Then there's the sea salt flakes on top. I keep sneaking back to the pan for another little bite.

I have literally become sick in real Chex mix. Not the new recipe and certainly not the bagged junk, the original recipe with more butter, salt and other bad stuff. I've eaten until I barfed.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Doritos and Cheetos
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Croutons. I eat them like potato chips. Weird, I know.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:30 am

Sashimi.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol

My mouth is all bridges, crowns and implants at this point.
No bridges but all crowns and implants. Multiple 1000's of dollars of dental work and as much as I love licorice or caramels or twizzlers or starburst or skittles....I love my money more. I once tasted ONE jelly belly at whole foods (sample on display) and a crown came off. Then of course there wasn't enough under it to fit a new crown so the tooth had to be pulled, implant etc. My $5000 free jelly belly.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by corky
No bridges but all crowns and implants. Multiple 1000's of dollars of dental work and as much as I love licorice or caramels or twizzlers or starburst or skittles....I love my money more. I once tasted ONE jelly belly at whole foods (sample on display) and a crown came off. Then of course there wasn't enough under it to fit a new crown so the tooth had to be pulled, implant etc. My $5000 free jelly belly.
I broke a crown on a tortilla chip at a restaurant I will never go back to (not because of the tortilla chips). So I might as well eat what I like.

I'm on second generation crowns in a couple instances. Some of my originals may be over 35 years old.

I do admit I feel a little aggravation over supporting my dentist's hobbies so extravagantly. I'd like a punch card where every 5th crown is free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.