Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Food Restaurants Based in a Country Other Than Your Own

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by radnub
Freshness Burger in Japan. It was pretty good and much bigger than I was expecting! Good fries too.

Lotteria is Japanese I believe but I first noticed it in Vietnam. In Ha Long Bay during Tet when everything is closed Lotteria to the rescue. Saddest part was realizing my bottom bun was not sturdy enough to support the burger.
Lotteria sucks. It was like McDonald's but lesser quality.

Nando's is very good in Calgary (even though there's only one), and Bon-Chon chicken in the Philippines is big.

Jollibee is my jam! Grew up with the bee and love ChickenJoy. Usually, US franchises have a ChowKing beside it or a Red Ribbon bakery which are Filipino-Chinese cuisine and baked goods, respectively.

I tried Chik-Fil-A. It's meh.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I always liked this one in Vienna:

Old May 10, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Bonchon (not that "fast" but I'd wait any amount of time for it ) and Tim Horton's are it, afaik.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:52 am

I tried CP fried chicken and American Burger in Bangladesh a few times. The chicken was always fresh and juicy but not as tasty as Popeyes spicy version. American Burger was hit or miss. Sometimes the patty was thick and sometimes as thin as Krystals' patties.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA GLD
I really enjoy Bembos in Peru.
I love the Aji Amarillo Sauce that you can put on anything!
Old May 14, 2015, 2:07 pm

MOS Burger in Japan is amazing. Coco Ichiban Curry- also amazing. Actually, any fast food restaurant in Japan... amazing!!
Old May 14, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by djtsukasa
MOS Burger in Japan is amazing. Coco Ichiban Curry- also amazing. Actually, any fast food restaurant in Japan... amazing!!
Well, any Japanese fast food. Bothering to try Wendy's in Japan was a brain-fart on my part, and was terrible.

Coco Ichibanya and really any of the little curry shop chains are amazing; wish we had them here.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I did quite a bit of Asian trips the last 12 months and found myself dining at Pepper Lunch a few times. Pretty decent, I thought. http://www.pepperlunch.com
Old May 15, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
I've come across a few Hollys Coffee in Thailand and Korea. Decent place. Good seating for laptops and free wifi too (in the Bangkok one anyway). The Sukhumvit Road location is great for people watching!
Old May 22, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by radnub
Freshness Burger in Japan. It was pretty good and much bigger than I was expecting! Good fries too.
20 years ago when I was still young enough to dare go clubbing in the Shibuya district of Tokyo, many a night ended with a burger & fries & coffee combo at Freshness, watching the sun rise.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Nando's and Paul (though I'm not sure a bakery is a fast food restaurant).
Old May 27, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
In the Philippines:

I have had Biggs, a Bicol based chain, that's famous for their Laing and Bangus. I prefer their Biggs Deal that comes with Spaghetti, Beef Stick, and a piece of fried chicken.

There is also Andok's known for their Lechon Manok or Rotisserie Chicken. I love how the meat just falls off the bones besides the flavor.

I hope this is what you meant in the title of this thread. If you mean food here in South Florida where the original is from a foreign country, I have found the regulations of adding the hormones to the food we eat has changed the way food tastes here besides making it less (not more) healthy.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by teddybear99
In the Philippines:

I have had Biggs, a Bicol based chain, that's famous for their Laing and Bangus. I prefer their Biggs Deal that comes with Spaghetti, Beef Stick, and a piece of fried chicken.

There is also Andok's known for their Lechon Manok or Rotisserie Chicken. I love how the meat just falls off the bones besides the flavor.

I hope this is what you meant in the title of this thread. If you mean food here in South Florida where the original is from a foreign country, I have found the regulations of adding the hormones to the food we eat has changed the way food tastes here besides making it less (not more) healthy.
Andok's would be showing Nando's how to cook a chicken. I don't think the open-charcoal method would be efficient in foreign markets, as it'll cost a lot to maintain one up-to-code.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:54 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by flipstah
Andok's would be showing Nando's how to cook a chicken. I don't think the open-charcoal method would be efficient in foreign markets, as it'll cost a lot to maintain one up-to-code.
Yes, but is it cheeky?
Old May 28, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by stut
Yes, but is it cheeky?
I was seriously stumped what you meant. Then I found this,

I hope we're in the same wavelength now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.