Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with "Order Inn" at hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond

found a menu for this place at my hotel in raleigh--I love having food delivered--has anyone used them before?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold

I have outside of somewhere in Ohio. It essentially is a central ordering company that works with local restaurants to deliver food. So for example you might order pizza and have it delivered from one place and order a burger and have it delivered from another. Food was pretty good actually, but I don't remember how the prices were. (One of those 'I want food forget what it costs' moments )
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
interesting--it had a pretty wide and specific menu.-I stay at a lot of hampton inns/hi expresses and am not always in the mood to go out and get something...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I've seen these a number of times, and, indeed, mostly at Hampton Inns. My own experience is that they are highly weighted toward salads and Italian/pizza.
JBord likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
I have tried it a couple of times in Maryland. I am sure it was just the restaurant that was used but the food was nothing special and it was very expensive. I don't see the point really as at almost every hotel I have stayed at in the USA the front desk people are usually able and willing to recommend a decent local place that delivers to the hotel. Also can always download GrubHub or a similar app to find places that will deliver when you are away from home, but don't feel like going out.
JBord likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:46 pm

Completely Useless

Tried two nights in a row; double fail. Waited on hold for 13 minutes to cancel order after waiting 90 minutes for food on a Tuesday night. Do yourself a favor-- pull up Google Maps and see who delivers. This whole business model is a racket.
TGarza likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:42 pm
Suspended

It's never worth it to me. Much easier to head to somewhere near the hotel or just get room service.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:41 am

Do not use OrderInn.com

I was staying at a La Quinta Inn about a week ago and I called the number to place an order with Order Inn. After waiting the hour for my food, which to be fair is understandable as I understand they service a large area, I ended up receiving the wrong order. I called the number once again and talked to their service operator hoping to resolve this matter quickly and get the order that I had paid for. Not that it matters, but I also tipped the delivery personnel quite well so without my order I had lost a good chunk of money to this company. Well after about 20 minutes the individual who claimed to be the manager got on the phone with me. It is at this point she told me that the kitchen staff simply did not want to remake the food....so they weren't going to. I was shocked to say the least. She told me that the kitchen staff simply weren't going to and that to make up for it I had two options. One of these options was to wait multiple days and get an email voucher. Well I was on vacation and leaving soon so that wouldn't have done me any good. The second option was that they would give me 20 dollars credit for my next meal if I wanted to place an order in the next day or two. I took the latter and the next day I tried to redeem my credit....only to be told that I didn't have one and that I wouldn't have one for multiple days. I explained what the manager had told me prior and why we had done in that way, only to basically be told I was out of luck and if I wanted food I was paying again. Long story short folks, I have never been treated this poorly by anyone in the service industry. They are absolutely lying when they claim they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Do not order from here if you actually intend to eat. You might get the wrong order, and the kitchen staff will just decide they don't want to work. The manager was friendly enough, but apparently does not have any control over her staff.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I've used a similar service, Takeout Taxi, to have food picked up at multiple restaurants and delivered to my home. Admittedly I have not used them here or in the last 5 years. I never had a problem. The food was correct. It was still warm (or cold in the case of salads). And I don't recall paying a huge premium for the service.

If I know I'm not going to be in the mood to go out, I'll grab take-out on the way to my hotel. I do that pretty often and it's easier, cheaper and more timely than relying on a service to do it for me. I realize it helps if you travel to the same places and already know what's available, though.
JBord likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 7:34 am

I had a similar experience and this was in 2020–4 years to improve which they didn’t. The order process was great but the delivery was horrible. It took 1.5 hours to get to me when they had promised “45 minutes, maybe sooner”.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
With Door Dash, Uber Eats, and GrubHub all over the place, you have many options to find a restaurant around you to order from at probably a better price. But I like BamaVol's idea of just picking something up on the way back to the hotel if you are already out.
JBord likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:27 am

Actually, it was about the same price, but Door Dash was better in that I get my order within the time they say it’ll arrive, often half an hour sooner. Lesson learned. I’ll do Door Dash or pickup next time.

RE: “It's never worth it to me. Much easier to head to somewhere near the hotel or just get room service.”

Order Inn WAS our Room Service

Last edited by cblaisd; Jan 7, 2021 at 11:35 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.