Wiki Posts
Search

Chimichuri

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I've never liked cilantro.
Cilantro seems to be one of those things that you either love or hate. I'm a lover.
Old May 4, 2014, 7:56 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I presume that's fresh oregano?
sorry for delay, yes, fresh oregano
Old May 4, 2014, 7:58 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by frontrangeFF
Cilantro seems to be one of those things that you either love or hate.
From my foodservice days I recall a statistic that I believe to be true, fully 20% of the population does NOT like the taste of cilantro.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Using cilantro is a regional/local choice with cilantro-fortified salsas being de rigueur in Mexico and Central America, but far less often used in Southern South America, the "home" of Chimichur(r)i.

Flat leaf parsley and fresh oregano (often the "Mexican" variety, a bit different from the classic European herb), onion, garlic, salt, olive oil, and then then 2 areas of debate....

For me raw Serrano chiles are far preferable to any of the dried reds, and the choice of red wine vinegar or fresh lime juice gives rise ro some argument, usually based on the latitude of origin of the debaters. There are even some "Bitter orange juice" fans out there.

"Fusion"? Thin slices of grilled rare sirloin served on fresh warm corn tortillas with a bowl of chimichurri
Old May 7, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by TMOliver
Using cilantro is a regional/local choice with cilantro-fortified salsas being de rigueur in Mexico and Central America, but far less often used in Southern South America, the "home" of Chimichur(r)i.
Chileans eat cilantro on practically a daily basis, in their favorite salsa, "pebre,'" which they typically eat on buttered bread rolls rather than on tortilla chips, and they also routinely eat cilantro on fish and shellfish, among other things.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by cubbie
Chileans eat cilantro on practically a daily basis, in their favorite salsa, "pebre,'" which they typically eat on buttered bread rolls rather than on tortilla chips, and they also routinely eat cilantro on fish and shellfish, among other things.
So do Ecuadorians. I lived with a family there when I was in a foreign studies program in college. There was always ají (a concoction with peppers, onions, cilantro, tomatoes and water) on the table, which was pretty much used on everything savory. Plain vegetables routinely were sprinkled with cilantro. It's also in ceviche.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.