Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Dr. Pepper 10, the diet soda for those who don't like diet sodas.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dr. Pepper 10, the diet soda for those who don't like diet sodas.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by traveltuna
I'd say so!!
Does that mean I should start looking at listing them on eBay?
Old May 1, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Pepsi Next is out now, 97 cents per 2 liter, I picked up 3 of them, it tastes ok eventhough I don't drink much soda.
I prefer this by a mile over the Dr. Pepper 10.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by TMOliver
"Dublin Dr. Pepper" has departed this vale of tears, the small bottler in Dublin, Texas forced by the gigantic cartel to surrender its cane sugar and halt production of the natural naturally sweetened drink. HFCS has won again! Now, I can only turn to rum, cana, cachaca, molasses or Brazilian gasoline to flavor my "con gaz".
That really sucks. I don't drink regular Dr. Pepper but once a year I order up some Dublin Dr. Pepper for a special occasion. Now that it's gone I won't be drinking Dr. Pepper
Old May 3, 2012, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
That really sucks. I don't drink regular Dr. Pepper but once a year I order up some Dublin Dr. Pepper for a special occasion. Now that it's gone I won't be drinking Dr. Pepper
Yet more encouragement to sell the two bottles I have in the fridge.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by kipper
Yet more encouragement to sell the two bottles I have in the fridge.
you have true thick green glass bottles of Dublin Dr pepper that up till their closing they refilled on their monthly runs on the old equipment, or temple bottling co imperial sugar 'dublin dr pepper' in the small, modern thin, clear glass bottles?
Old May 7, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n
you have true thick green glass bottles of Dublin Dr pepper that up till their closing they refilled on their monthly runs on the old equipment, or temple bottling co imperial sugar 'dublin dr pepper' in the small, modern thin, clear glass bottles?
Clear, thin glass bottles.
Old May 7, 2012, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by kipper
Clear, thin glass bottles.
ok got to keep those a few more decades, still on sale here

Those are made by temple bottling co under license from Dr Pepper Snapple group, and still made today. That bottler also makes 'spicewood springs' lemonade and I think tea or fruit punch, so they have a big imperial sugar contract as this drink is their own, and I don't think it is going anywhere(especially since it is so tasty lemonade!). This is the dr pepper takeover of the 'pure cane sugar' dublin market as they forced the old original place in dublin out with their aging gear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.