Soft Drinks From Around The World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soft Drinks From Around The World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ohhh lucozade, the old version in the glass bottle normally seen in hospitals - the original energy drink, nevermind that new fangled red bull stuff!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors
Lucozade... the worlds best hangover cure... although it was always intended as a drink for invalids when we were kids (you knew you were sick when a bottle of red cellophane wrapped Lucozade showed up)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I remember being given lucozade after falling off a trampoline while at a sports centre on holiday as a kid
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:26 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
I found Ting when I was in Jamaica and look for it when I'm in the Caribbean. To me, it tastes like Wink (the sassy one, from Canada Dry) that we used to have as a treat when I was a kid, and parents (mine and my friends') seemed to always have it on hand as a mixer.

My dad is from New England, so he grew up drinking Moxie. I can find it sometimes at Bev Mo in San Diego. I've tasted it and can only imagine that people drank it because it was The Depression, everything was expected to be awful, and everything was supposed to taste like dirt.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
I remember being given lucozade after falling off a trampoline while at a sports centre on holiday as a kid
A&E? Nah, some lucozade and they'll be right as rain, x-rays are for wusses!

In my case, our school nurse (yup, fully qualified sister no less, not the receptionist who had been on half day first aid course) was addicted to tubi grip and antiseptic - it could cure anything (and yes, she tried to send me back to class with a shattered knee cap after applying antiseptic (I wouldn't let her near me with tubigrip, it would have been agony!) I had to beg the nice secretary to let me call my mother (after hopping up 3 flights of stairs to get to the office) to come and take me to hospital because I was sure I knew something serious was up! )
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by luxury
My sister enjoyed Ting in Antigua -- said it was very refreshing. I couldn't partake as the citrus they use is grapefruit and would interact badly with my medications.....
I love Ting. It is made in Jamaica. It is definitely a grapefruit drink and very fizzy. I buy it at a boutique grocery in Los Angeles.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How similar is Ting to something like Fresca?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors
Originally Posted by emma69
How similar is Ting to something like Fresca?
A hundred million times nicer than Fresca! Can now also swear by Marks & Spencer Sicilian Lemonade as a mixer *hic*
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
It's more similar to Squirt than Fresca.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: SQ-Elite GOLD / ANA / EVA
Thumbs Up only availiable in western India. Now owned by Coke. Also Duke's Lemonade. The best lemon soda drink around. Now owned by Pepsi and only avaliable in Western India
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Chilsung cider in Korea. So clean!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Babaduck
Lucozade... the worlds best hangover cure... although it was always intended as a drink for invalids when we were kids (you knew you were sick when a bottle of red cellophane wrapped Lucozade showed up)
Ahh yes...My Mum learnt the hard way it was probably not a good idea to give a kid with a stomach bug a bright orange soft drink while he's lying on the new white lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:44 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by braslvr
It's more similar to Squirt than Fresca.
Absolutely! Maybe just a bit less sweet than Squirt. I'm not saying that Squirt is overly sweet. Squirt is another fave-o-mine.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Absolutely! Maybe just a bit less sweet than Squirt. I'm not saying that Squirt is overly sweet. Squirt is another fave-o-mine.
Yep, and you are lucky that you spend time in SAN. I have seen it in many hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants there, and in Tijuana too.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Babaduck
Lucozade... the worlds best hangover cure...
Oh no, that's GOT to be Irn Bru (washing down a roll and square sausage, with tattie scone on top)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.