Wiki Posts
Search

Most Reliable Restaurant Review Sites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:19 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
YES !!

If someone first posts about how huge the portion was and the food was 'good', steer clear
lol off topic but there is a TERRIBLE TV show here in Phoenix on PBS called "Check Please, Arizona" a restaurant review show. Awful. The premise is, nobodies (how are they chosen for the show I have no idea? picked from restaurant reservations randomly maybe) review local places. I swear, every review is "the food was 'good' and the portions were very large. We had to take food home!"

I want to move
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:33 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fleef
lol off topic but there is a TERRIBLE TV show here in Phoenix on PBS called "Check Please, Arizona" a restaurant review show.
Check Please is also on here in Chicago on WTTW PBS.

I love when a reviewer states something like "we went to XYZ Steakhouse but I don't like steak, so I got a salad, it was good" or "The restaurant is know for XX but we didn't order that"
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA
Actually, "Check, Please!" originated on WTTW in Chicago. The shows in other cities are spin-offs.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
There is also a "Check, Please" show in the Bay Area. I actually find it quite interesting and informative.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club, AC Altitude Elite 50K
I use Chowhound and yelp - each of which I take with a grain of salt
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:17 pm

QFE.com. Good reviews.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
There is also a "Check, Please" show in the Bay Area. I actually find it quite interesting and informative.
Same here, the SF Bay version is one of the few free shows I enjoy watching on my Roku. I watch a few episodes before I head out to SF (used to live there but that was 15 years ago) once a year or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.