Electronic bill pay, paper check sent

Subscribe
Has anyone who pays with electronic bill pay through their bank noticed that a paper check is sent to Diners? I have several other credit cards and have all payments to those are always electronic. I was wondering if it is just my bank or Diners issue.
in general diners technology seems at least 10 years out of date.

1. can't make a club plus transfer on line -- have to call customer service
2. can't suppress paper statements -- have to receive them whether you want to or not.

just one more aspect of the slow death of this product. still, the CS remains great and the redemption options remain very good.
Quote: 1. can't make a club plus transfer on line -- have to call customer service
I transfer points online all the time.

I don't pick my credit/charge cards based on online technology, I pick it based on the features and benefits of the card. The Diners Club card still has some great features and benefits in my opinion, the Club Rewards program and excellent car rental insurance being the two primary reasons I continue to use the card. The fact that it's now a MasterCard and my other primary card is an AMEX doesn't hurt either.
Quote: Has anyone who pays with electronic bill pay through their bank noticed that a paper check is sent to Diners? I have several other credit cards and have all payments to those are always electronic. I was wondering if it is just my bank or Diners issue.
Bill pay through the bank can often lead to paper checks, not just at Diners.

If you want it to be guarnateed electronic, do it through the Diners site (ie, pull from your bank, rather than push at Diners).

I find paying from a bank's bill pay only easy when the payment is a fixed amount every month (either because it really is, or because it's a utility which accepts you paying "sloppily"). Since I have to go to the Diners site to see the amount to pay, why not pay there?
Would it be too much to ask to have the ability to set a future payment date when using the diners club website's electronic payment option???
Bill pay to Diners through BofA is a slow process. For this one billing, I skip using BofA software and pay DIners directly through their website.
Quote: Would it be too much to ask to have the ability to set a future payment date when using the diners club website's electronic payment option???
Ditto! I hate a setting a reminder for the payment at the end of the every month.
Quote: Bill pay to Diners through BofA is a slow process. For this one billing, I skip using BofA software and pay DIners directly through their website.
I do billpay with BofA and it shows (and does) next day delivery. I did have a problem for a time when I couldn't pay more than $700 through BofA, but that seems to have been resolved.

BofA shows that you can also receive e-statements from Diners. I agree with the other poster that it seems easier and safer to just use the Diners website to do a debit from your checking account.

I'm still unhappy that there is no way to easily download Diners statements into Quicken 2008. I did find a way, but it's a little awkward.
Quote: I do billpay with BofA and it shows (and does) next day delivery.
Bank of America's website shows that, but it's not true. They have always sent a paper check to Diners when I've used their bill pay to pay that account. It will let me initially put in the next day as the payment date, but then when I submit it, I get a message telling me that delivery date isn't available, and the new date that's substituted is usually about six days later. Later, once the payment has posted to my account, it always shows up as a paper check.

I agree it's a lot faster to log into my Diners account to do the payment there. But they only let you save one bank account to pull the payment from, and you can't specify a date. There are times I would prefer to use a different bank account to make the payment and not clear the saved account information, or set it up with a future date. The Diners website just doesn't let you do that, unlike nearly every other credit card on the market in the US today.

The lack of an option to supress paper statements really irks me too. Diners is the only monthly financial account I have that I get a paper statement for. I have half a dozen other credit cards, a mortgage, a car loan, three bank accounts, and a couple of retirement accounts, and I get one paper statement every month. And it's from Diners.
I've checked my BofA online payments for the past few months and they have all been electronic and delivered the next day. In fact I just made a payment to them late this evening (after the cutoff for delivery tomorrow) and it is showing they will receive payment on Thursday. I believe DC has two different cards- a "charge card" and a "credit card". I think mine is the "charge card" and does not allow for partial payments unless I make some arrangements. Perhaps BofA online payments are handled differently for each of these types of cards.
Quote: Perhaps BofA online payments are handled differently for each of these types of cards.
You appear to be in CA while the previous poster with the paper check experience appears to be in GA. So alternately perhaps it's different divisions of BofA in (or serving residents in) different states, or something like that?
Very true. I know for my BofA online account, BofA contracts with CheckFree and payments are processed from Phoenix.