Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club and Quicken

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Diners Club and Quicken

Diners Club is the ONLY major credit card that cannot be integrated with the latest version of Quicken. All of Citibanks other credit cards can be integrated. Why not Diners Club?

I called web support - they couldn't care less. I can't think of a reason to continue my DC membership.

Last edited by mia; Dec 30, 2010 at 7:21 am Reason: Remove angry icon
Old May 20, 2006, 9:09 pm

I have been unable to get my Citi AAdvantage business card to dowbload to Quicken. Tech support said the business card doesn't support downloading to any software. Pretty lame IMHO.
Old May 21, 2006, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Citi BusinessAAdvantage MC and Diners

Originally Posted by Schutzee
I have been unable to get my Citi AAdvantage business card to dowbload to Quicken. Tech support said the business card doesn't support downloading to any software. Pretty lame IMHO.
My Citi Business AAdvantage MC can easily integrate with the latest version of Quicken - but NOT by downloading and later importing a .QIF file.

To download Citi Business AAdvantage card data to the latest version of Quicken, just follow the prompts on the Citi site (make sure your Quicken program is setup for communication with the web).

Why can't they do this with Diners?
Old May 21, 2006, 5:40 pm

Tazzo1
Where do you find download on the Citi website. I log in but can't find download anywhere.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Quicken Citi Download

Originally Posted by Schutzee
Tazzo1
Where do you find download on the Citi website. I log in but can't find download anywhere.
When you are in the Citi site, navigate to your STATEMENT. When you are viewing your statement on the web site there will be an option to download the statement. Click on the Quicken Logo. If your computer asks if you want to "save" or "open" the file, select "open", your Quicken program will then open and download the data. I hope this helps.
Old May 22, 2006, 8:42 am

I called Citicard again today. They said only "new" cards can download. I have an "old" account which is on a different system. They can't convert my old account to a new account. I have to reapply and cancel. I guess Diners is on the old system also.

Citi sucks, but I gotta get my fix of Aadvantage miles! I have lifetime gold thanks to my credit card.
Old May 22, 2006, 9:00 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Thread with previous discussion on this subject: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354948

I'm still using MS Money and find it inconvenient to have to go the DC site and "push" the report down, but it seems that this is a better situation than if I'd changed to Quicken, which I considered.

If Quicken is no longer able to import a QIF (Quicken Interchange Format) file, then it seems as if part of the rage should be directed at Intuit. If certain other software companies were involved, I might suspect that removing this function was intended to coerce financial institutions who were not "partnering" with Intuit for "pull" downloads to join (probably for a fee).
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Good News - Problem Solved!

The latest version of Quicken (2011) finally allows you to download Diners Club into Quicken.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by BMGRAHAM
The latest version of Quicken (2011) finally allows you to download Diners Club into Quicken.
Did quicken relax the qif download restriction for credit card accounts, because it doesn't look like they added any new formats to the DC transaction download page.

There are workarounds, maybe you are (inadvertantly?) using a workaround?

-David
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
No I am not using a workaround, Diners Club is now one of the online Financial Institutions listed within Quicken 2011. It's possible that versions earlier than Quicken 2011 don't support it. You are right in that going to the Diners Club web site, you'd never know, they have not publicized it at all. But then the web site is a mess anyway, doesn't make mention of the fact that it's now owned by BMO not Citi, the news release page doesn't work, neither does the "Contact us" page. It wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued this card completely before too long.

Last edited by BMGRAHAM; Dec 26, 2010 at 12:48 pm
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:46 am

Thanks for the update. I am using an older version of Quicken, and it still updates the financial institution info, but DC is not in the list of financial institutions.

-David
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued this card completely before too long.
I don't think BMO would have purchased the Diners Club franchise from Citi to close it. I do think they are much more interested in the corporate accounts, and that the personal/professional cards will continue to drift.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:25 pm

No I am not using a workaround, Diners Club is now one of the online Financial Institutions listed within Quicken 2011. It's possible that versions earlier than Quicken 2011 don't support it.
I'm reading that they picked up a bunch of tech from mint.com, including support for a lot more financial institutions in quicken 2011. The interface is supposed to be streamlined, based more on mint's interface.

I think I will give it a shot.

-David
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:39 pm

Well, after the update, diners club is in the list of financial institutions and it found an account for me (though with the wrong number, I suspect it's the old pre-MC DC#) and it failed when trying to download the transactions.

I wonder if BMGRAHAM has a US Diners Club card or an international version of a real DC card? Mine is the DC branded Citibank MC version they issue here in the US.

I need to get 2 more points to make it to 30k points, then I'm throwing the towel in. I will probably redeem for gift cards or airline miles and cancel the card. It's not worth the effort any more, and I never use it anymore.

-David
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
...it found an account for me (though with the wrong number, I suspect it's the old pre-MC DC#)
More likely it is your account number, which is not the same as your card number. If you login to dinersclubus.com and navigate to Account Management > Transaction Activity you can see the last four digits: Summary Number XXXX XXXX XXXX 1234, and you can see the full number on your paper statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.