Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by dodgers702
well hopefully you get approved. I applied on Sunday and received the 7-15 pending message also but till today I have not had a 2nd HP from them. I rather just get flat out denied with only 1 TU pull because I have lots of inquiries (30+) on EX and only 4 (counting this one on TU).
The weird thing is the INQ on EX is coded as 'Business Loan'.

It wasn't one the last time I checked...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
The weird thing is the INQ on EX is coded as 'Business Loan'.

It wasn't one the last time I checked...
well that makes it a little better. I have a feeling you will get approved since they pulled a 2nd bureau...probably means they wanna approve you...

I have a feeling I will get denied. That's cool as long they leave my EX report untouched.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by dodgers702
well that makes it a little better. I have a feeling you will get approved since they pulled a 2nd bureau...probably means they wanna approve you...

I have a feeling I will get denied. That's cool as long they leave my EX report untouched.
To be honest, nothing is worth an EX pull unless there's a big bonus or AAoA advantages with Amex.

We'll see. CSR was (very nice) and clueless and provided no information.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 pm

To be honest, nothing is worth an EX pull unless there's a big bonus or AAoA advantages with Amex.

We'll see. CSR was (very nice) and clueless and provided no information.
I read in another forum and apparently the application is processed by a 2nd or 3rd party when it goes into pending and that's why they don't have an update or information on the status. Also said either you will get the card or the denial letter. So I guess its a wait and see for us now.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I forget if the message said 7-10 business days or just normal days, but assuming it took all three business days to ship the card, there's a chance it'll show tomorrow since USPS First Class Mail tends to take three days (not counting Sundays) to mail stuff across the continental US. Any experience with how long cards from them usually take to show up?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
I forget if the message said 7-10 business days or just normal days, but assuming it took all three business days to ship the card, there's a chance it'll show tomorrow since USPS First Class Mail tends to take three days (not counting Sundays) to mail stuff across the continental US. Any experience with how long cards from them usually take to show up?
You'll receive a PIN mailer first, then a day later the card.

It's up to USPS.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Customer care mentioned that cards are shipped from U.S. or Canada. Today, I got my PIN (apparently you cannot change it though) and it was sent on Monday from Chicago, so I assume the card will arrive any day now unless it comes from Canada.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greglvnv
Customer care mentioned that cards are shipped from U.S. or Canada. Today, I got my PIN (apparently you cannot change it though) and it was sent on Monday from Chicago, so I assume the card will arrive any day now unless it comes from Canada.
No PIN mailer or card yet here. Sounds like the PIN mailed right away though so maybe I'll get the PIN tomorrow.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Data Point:

On MyFico there was a report that if your approval was not automatic you could receive 2 different messages.

3 to 5 day decision
7 to 15 day decision

Reports indicate that 3 to 5 = denial and 7 to 15 = approval. I received the 7 to 15 day message and called in a few hours later and was told I was approved.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:19 am

Does anyone know which CB they will pull? Any ideas on how tolerant they are to hard pulls? Are we talking about Citi-level of friendliness or Barclay-level of analness?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Does anyone know which CB they will pull? Any ideas on how tolerant they are to hard pulls? Are we talking about Citi-level of friendliness or Barclay-level of analness?
TU and possibly EX.

They are not INQ sensitive.

I'd freeze EX if you don't think it's worth it.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still no physical card yet, but I got the PIN on Saturday. Though I guess it's not "10 business days" yet so I can't really call and ask, right?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by tarakcih
I applied for the Elite card tonight and got instant approval (around 8 apps in the past 6 months and 15 in the past year). Called them 5 minutes later and they were able to tell me that my credit line was $50,000 (which is much higher than any other credit card lines I have)!

This card is just sooo promising with the MS opportunities. In fact, I've calculated that starting at my home airport of DFW and using Diners Club's partners of Alaska and British Airways, I can book the following 5 award trips for under $1,000, including the $300 annual fee, MS costs and award taxes/fees:

1) DFW-YVR and back
2) DFW-CDG and MAD-DFW (or back from CDG/BCN etc)
3) DFW-HNL and back
4) DFW-GRU and GIG-DFW (or pretty much any South American city served by AA)
5) DFW-ANC and back

So 5 round-trips to France/Spain, South America, Hawaii, Canada and Alaska for under $1,000.

Or I could travel from Portland, Oregon to Vancouver, BC on Amtrak and back for $8-12 depending on the MS method.

Add in the Chip and PIN, no FTF, lounge access...if I had to keep only one card, this would be it.
50k CL? Wow. The highest I've seen is 40k. Can you ballpark your TU FICO and income?

50k CL's are actually disregarded by the FICO algorithm...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:20 pm

Still no physical card yet, but I got the PIN on Saturday. Though I guess it's not "10 business days" yet so I can't really call and ask, right?
I still don't have the PIN yet... so... you're ahead there.

The only person seemingly to have the card is geohiller. They must be running behind on production. Probably didn't expect the enslaught.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:31 pm

50k CL? Wow. The highest I've seen is 40k. Can you ballpark your TU FICO and income?

50k CL's are actually disregarded by the FICO algorithm...
Sure. Barclay says my TU FICO is 785 as of beginning of Oct. My income is $120K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.