Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club BMO CS Strategy for Replacement Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club BMO CS Strategy for Replacement Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I forgot to mention that after I returned from Spain (where I'd used the card in chip terminals, including one that almost ate my card and took some coaxing to spit it out!) in early May, my DC MC chip card had trouble swiping at over half the places I used in the US the week or two thereafter, including finally a merchant who refused to try it any more and demanded a different card. After finding out on a first call that the moment I request a replacement card the original card is voided until I receive and activate my replacement card (despite the replacement card, in this case, having same everything, same card number, same CSV number on the back, and same PIN for the chip), I waited a few days for the "right" time to request it (when I would be home the next day, and when I'd be in a "window" between automatic billings that go to this card). Once I called in, early in the day (they had earlier told me of a cutoff time and I made sure to call in well before that, but I don't remember any more what that stated cutoff time was), and requested the replacement card, it also arrived early the next morning (overnighted).
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Replacement Card H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

I have been a long-time cardholder and have really been happy (for the most part) with the service and benefits associated with the card -- until this past week.

My card cracked along the magnetic strip -- no big deal I thought -- I'll just call and get a replacement card. Called last Wednesday, spoke with a rep., he said it would take 5-7 business days and I mention I use the card daily so he offers to have it couriered at no expense (he even questioned if someone would be there to sign for it, I said yes). Tells me old card is now inactive and new card will arrive that Friday.

Friday comes and that evening no delivery. Call Diners and they see that I called but no record of replacement card being sent. Supervisor says she will review the call and will have a card printed on Monday and set for arrival on Tuesday. She even said that she would set the request to generate on Monday so the current card would not deactivate until then. Her exact words were that it would absolutely arrive on Tuesday "guaranteed". I told them to go back and listen to that call as well.

Well, here we are on Tuesday and another 20 minutes and several supervisors cannot provide me with a tracking number or estimated delivery day. Unbelievable. Apparently they have not received an update from UPS since 7/12 (which I what one supervisor told me). Then her supervisor calls me back and says that they receive daily updates from UPS and cannot find the file for yesterday.

This has been an utter waste of my time and was just wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar. I REALLY want to chalk this up to a one off but get the feeling that's not the case. When my AMEX card was compromised recently and they needed to send a new one it arrived in less than 24 hours. This isn't rocket science.

To add insult to injury the supervisor offered me 300 points for my "inconvenience". I literally laughed and told her to keep them.

Last edited by MichaelJFK; Jul 16, 2013 at 10:45 am Reason: Typo.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
...wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar.
Yes:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...ment-card.html
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:48 am

Interesting thread mia. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:30 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know where the finally landed. Seven, yes, seven days to receive the new card. Very long story short: Blamed UPS then the card vendor who apparently had "issues". It wasn't so much the delay (inconvenient as it was) it was the constant lying and general ineptitude and lack of any sense of urgency. I do miss the old, old, pre-Citi DC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.