Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL introduces "Me Too" promotion with 25-50k bonus for travel to UK; oddly worded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL introduces "Me Too" promotion with 25-50k bonus for travel to UK; oddly worded

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff

Delta has announced a promotion for travel to the UK as have several other airlines.

50k for paid J
25k for Y/B/M.

Oddly, the promotion calls the Y/B/M fares "Premium Economy." It is strange wording, because "premium" refers only to the fare, and not to the class of service.

Originally Posted by Delta
Purchase and fly round trip to London (Heathrow or Gatwick), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) between April 6 and June 30, 2009, and you'll earn 50,000 bonus miles in BusinessElite®/Business Class (or 25,000 in Premium Economy).
I say it is odd since others airlines offer a "premium economy" class of service.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Thanks for the heads up...now the perennial question - do tickets purchased before April 6, but for travel in the promo period, count? There is just one sentence up front about Purchase and Fly between...but the fine print doesn't mention anything about the purchase period...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Extra 50K EDI, LHR, LGW, MAN

Is this like the MQM promo where I could not change an M fare to I because it would have the date of the original ticket?

-----------------------------------

From Piccadilly Square in London to the castles of the Scottish Highlands—the United Kingdom has so much to offer—and so does Delta.

Purchase and fly round trip to London (Heathrow or Gatwick), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) between April 6 and June 30, 2009, and you'll earn 50,000 bonus miles in BusinessElite®/Business Class (or 25,000 in Premium Economy).

Enjoy your fish and chips—and up to 50,000 bonus miles if you fly between April 6 and June 30, 2009. Best of all, by earning up to 50,000 bonus miles you can also earn an Award Ticket (or two). Simply register today to receive your reward.

Plus, starting this spring, our BusinessElite service will offer full 180-degree, flat bed seats on select flights between New York/JFK and London/Heathrow. By early summer, all of our flights from New York, Atlanta and Detroit to Heathrow will offer our flat bed seats in BusinessElite.

Register today, book your flight to London (LHR & LGW), Manchester (MAN) or Edinburgh (EDI) and complete your travel now through June 30, 2009.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
25k bonus in "premium economy" on DL? There's DL with its BA envy?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
can this be combined

Originally Posted by GUWonder
25k bonus in "premium economy" on DL? There's DL with its BA envy?
so if you book a Y fare you will get both the MQM double miles promo AND this 25k bonus mile promo right? Assuming you pay and fly on a trip that meets both time period requirements. Can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jenniparks
so if you book a Y fare you will get both the MQM double miles promo AND this 25k bonus mile promo right? Assuming you pay and fly on a trip that meets both time period requirements. Can anyone confirm?
Double paced MQM earning promotion and the 25k redeemable miles promotion as well -- they are stackable.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Where is the link?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL
wait...just 25k regular miles or 25k MQM? If its MQM, London here I come!!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
wait...just 25k regular miles or 25k MQM? If its MQM, London here I come!!
Just bonus miles -- not MQM. This promotion is good on the more expensive fares but it is not any good for most economy class passengers.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by skchin
Where is the link?
In the first post
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Originally Posted by skchin
Where is the link?
i can't find it either,
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:03 pm
Suspended

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_..._lto/uk_bonus/
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: Independent
I believe that Air France has just started rolling out Premium Economy. This promotion actually works on Air France and KLM as well, so I think that is the rub - its to get people using those airlines as well. Perhaps they are a little miffed at NW and DL hanging out together so much, or how the x3MQM bonus is hurting their codeshares?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Thanks. I am still not used to Delta website and I had looked everywhere I could think
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rtarbuck
Thanks. I am still not used to Delta website and I had looked everywhere I could think
This promotion is under a secure sockets layer (https) URL. Isn' the normal checking of the Delta website for promotions usually pulled up without use of the SSL (i.e., just http)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.