Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Miles with Avis

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Miles with Avis

Just received this e-mail!

You can save up to 25% plus earn up to 5,000 bonus miles on your next rental with Avis through December 31, 2009 at airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.

Terms & Conditions

• 2500 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of three consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Please mention coupon number MUAA132 to receive bonus miles offer.
• 5000 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of four consecutive days or more at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Please mention coupon number MUAA133 to receive bonus miles offer.
• Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
• An advance 24-hour reservation is required.
• Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
• The savings of up to 25% applies to the time and mileage charges only.
• Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
• Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
• Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
• Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.
• Car rental return restrictions may apply.
• Offer subject to change without notice.
• Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
• Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
• Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.50 USD per day, may apply.
Rental must begin by June 30, 2009.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:14 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Since Avis no longer gives Avis First credit if you earn miles at least they are giving you something more than the 50 or whatever miles per day. Buncha cheapskates.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Have to love that the promotion is through the end of the year but the rental must start before July ...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Is this my understanding or their problem?

Rental must begin by June 30, 2009 but the offer is good through December 31, 2009.

Me thinks I'm missing something or they have messed up the offer a bit.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Have to love that the promotion is through the end of the year but the rental must start before July ...
I noticed that shortly after I posted it. Makes you wonder just how they come up with these promotional ideas anyways...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Dilemma
I noticed that shortly after I posted it. Makes you wonder just how they come up with these promotional ideas anyways...
I am sure a lot of it comes from copy & paste. I am in I.T. and I tell people all the time "Copy & paste can be your friend or it can be your enemy. Sometimes both."
Old Jan 8, 2009, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Whatever they have decided about dates include the dates of the four day reservation that I had made just minutes before I saw the e-mail from DL. All I needed to do was go in and add the coupon code.

I do like the way they throw those bonus miles around because they sure are not bashful about inflating the award costs and the bonuses can at least keep you on the treadmill.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Since Avis no longer gives Avis First credit if you earn miles at least they are giving you something more than the 50 or whatever miles per day. Buncha cheapskates.
This deal was around all of last year as well. I cant tell from your post if by saying "more than the 50 or whatever miles per day" you are comparing this deal to other car rental companies or Avis prior to this offer existing...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by terockwo
This deal was around all of last year as well.
I wouldn't quite say it was around all last year. Officially I guess it was, but after October it seemed that they made the offer obsolete. I got screwed on 4 different rentals; Avis giving me a different BS reason on each one for why I wasn't entitled to the 5000 miles.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Avis 2009 5K Bonus SkyMiles(4 days) 2.5K (3 days) Good through Dec 31, 2009

Avis had the same promotion in 2008 and the thread on that one is here:
Check out the posts towards the end of the thread. Many people (including me) had problems at the end of 2008 because Avis pulled the promo without warning.

terockwo posted on that thread an email he/she received in 2009 for the same promo with a new "good through" date of Dec 31, 2009. You can find his post here.

I have not had a chance to use either promo code yet so I can't personally report back that the 2009 promo is working correctly (you know Avis!).

Here is what terockwo posted. I felt it deserved a separate thread because of the change in coupon codes as well as validity dates.
Not sure if it has been posted in this forum but this deal is back on for 2009, I received an email on Jan 8, 2009.

You can save up to 25% plus earn up to 5,000 bonus miles on your next rental with Avis through December 31 2009 at airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.

Terms & Conditions

• 2500 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of three consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Please mention coupon number MUAA132 to receive bonus miles offer.
• 5000 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of four consecutive days or more at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Please mention coupon number MUAA133 to receive bonus miles offer.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Let me be the first to say lets give this a whirl ^
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Thank you for the info, I have hoping for the continuation of this program. I used it from Sep to late Nov last year, I wish I knew about it beforhand.

On the road I rent Sun - Thurs, then fly home and rent Thur - Sun.

a 4 and a 3 day rental every week. That will add about 300,000 mile to my account this year.

Thank you again for the post.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Although Avis still does owe me 20k miles for 4 rentals last year, I am happy to say that I did receive the 5000 bonus miles for my rental last week in Hawaii.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 2:21 pm

with the major league devaluation of the Avis first program, this is basically what is keeping with Avis on 3 and 4+ day rentals.. otherwise its either 50 miles per day and no Av1st credit or its a measely 150 or 200 miles.. actually Av1 credit is only on 4+ day rentals.. since I do mostly 4 day rentals.. i'll take the miles anytime over Av1 credit.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 7:23 am

DL Posting dates for the avis miles

Is the Avis posting dates the same as last year when it comes to DL running the AVIS batches.. it was something like the 3rd and 17th or similar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.