Wiki Posts
Search

Worst FF program?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA Executive Premier, CO Gold
Worst FF program?

I would nominate DL with UA being a close runner up.

DL has surly phone reps that have little knowledge. On a recent trip I had problems with a rep in Mexico City not knowing the difference between Manchester, NH and Manchester, UK

The number of seats available to destinations that you actually want to visit can only be described as tiny. The SkyTeam alliance can best be described as a joke with AF, AL and KL seeming to want out so badly that they will tick off DL customers to no end by having virtually no seats available in premium classes, even a year out.

UA on the other hand has seemed to corner the market on trying to foist off bad destinations to people that have no choice because of expiring miles or schedules that can not be changed.

Any other nominations?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by SCruzFlyer

DL has surly phone reps that have little knowledge. On a recent trip I had problems with a rep in Mexico City not knowing the difference between Manchester, NH and Manchester, UK

The number of seats available to destinations that you actually want to visit can only be described as tiny. The SkyTeam alliance can best be described as a joke with AF, AL and KL seeming to want out so badly that they will tick off DL customers to no end by having virtually no seats available in premium classes, even a year out.

UA on the other hand has seemed to corner the market on trying to foist off bad destinations to people that have no choice because of expiring miles or schedules that can not be changed.

Any other nominations?
Hello, sailor. Come here often?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Hello, sailor. Come here often?
Don't you mean...

Hello Toll, come out from under the bridge often?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG

Any other nominations?

Besides that fact that you are trolling, I will address two of your comments:

1) I would not fault a phone rep for not knowing the difference between Manchester NH or MAN UK. Most americans couldn't tell you the difference. How is it that the phone rep was in Mexico city? Delta en Espanol?

2) I recently redeemed a Round-the-World award in business on SkyTeam through Delta for this Autumn. Lots of availibility on AF, KL, KE, less on the American carriers.

3) Can't comment on UA.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
BA used to be my idea of a very bad frequent flyer program. More recent than those older days, I find BA's program has its uses.

DL's is not the worst program. It's just nothing special.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*

Any other nominations?

What's the point of your post? If you don't like DL's FF program why are you posting in this forum? Unless there's a point to the OP's post, Moderator please close this thread.

Last edited by Boutet Olly; Jan 30, 2007 at 2:21 pm
Old Jan 30, 2007, 1:56 pm

Can we not justify this person's comments, please - by responding to the OP post?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by diamedic
Can we not justify this person's comments, please - by responding to the OP post?
Justify or dignify?

I see no reason to justify his comments.

Dignify? I think perhaps I am not in the minority in feeling that posts such as this are fairly lacking in dignity to begin with, so why should I feel a need to either 1) justify nor 2) dignify?

The gist of the OP's feelings could have been presented in a much more constructive way but as is, could easily be construed as trolling and nothing more.

COMMENT directed at the OP: when you carefully crafted your post, what purpose did you have in mind? Anything constructive?

If you wish to rant, please consider first saying "I feel the need to rant, sorry guys, but here it is", and the reaction you get will be much more constructive.

Blindly saying "worst FF ever", etc, means not too many will even take the posting seriously.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by mcjava
Justify or dignify?

I see no reason to justify his comments.

Dignify? I think perhaps I am not in the minority in feeling that posts such as this are fairly lacking in dignity to begin with, so why should I feel a need to either 1) justify nor 2) dignify?

The gist of the OP's feelings could have been presented in a much more constructive way but as is, could easily be construed as trolling and nothing more.

COMMENT directed at the OP: when you carefully crafted your post, what purpose did you have in mind? Anything constructive?

If you wish to rant, please consider first saying "I feel the need to rant, sorry guys, but here it is", and the reaction you get will be much more constructive.

Blindly saying "worst FF ever", etc, means not too many will even take the posting seriously.
Good point. Fair enough.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I see no point in keeping this thread alive. It is only marginally relevant to DL and not appropriate for TravelBuzz. As the OP is not yet OMNI-qualified, I am not going to move the thread to OMNI.
Therefore, I am locking this one up.
Obscure2k
DL Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.