Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Last Minute Travel Deals...what type of miles are accrued?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PL & MM, Starwood PL, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam

Does anyone know if the flights that are offered through the "Last Minute Travel Deals" on the Delta web site qualify as Medallion Miles?

This is the verbiage on the website

"Do I earn frequent flyer miles for my flights?

All of our last-minute travel packages are eligible for frequent flyer credit. If you have a frequent flyer account with us, please be sure to enter your frequent flyer account number on the billing information page prior to completing your purchase to ensure that your account is credited. "

So does that mean if your Platinum, the flight miles count for both Medallion miles and you then would also accrue the dble miles as a Platinuim?

Last edited by GeorgeK; Aug 19, 2005 at 2:02 pm Reason: grammer
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeK
]

So does that mean if your Platinum, the flight miles count for both Medallion miles and you then would also accrue the dble miles as a Platinuim?
Yes.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Last minute tickets are just another ticket. Normal accrual.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I've bought a last minute deal from deltavacations.com at least half a dozen times. As others have posted, you accrue mileage just like any other flight, including medallion bonuses. I would warn you that some of the hotels that participate will not award miles for the stay.

I always go to the last minute deals page via the "deals and offers" page at delta.com rather than going directly to deltavacations.com. There are sometimes mileage bonuses for booking (they vary each week) and the magic code will only appear when you access via delta.com.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 7:44 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

And your LastMinuteDeal tickets are also eligible for Medallion Upgrades!
Old Aug 20, 2005, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by KLC
And your LastMinuteDeal tickets are also eligible for Medallion Upgrades!
Clarification for the casual browser. This applies to delta.com purchases if they don't specify otherwise - it may not apply on other web sites. Beware the small print!
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PL & MM, Starwood PL, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by ecaarch
I've bought a last minute deal from deltavacations.com at least half a dozen times. As others have posted, you accrue mileage just like any other flight, including medallion bonuses. I would warn you that some of the hotels that participate will not award miles for the stay.
Thank you so much for the info....I am concerned about making Platinum again this year but if I can do a last minute int'l flight then I can make it again!! Thanks everyone!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.