Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

I got a letter from Cindy Chesna (Thanks, SkyMiles Center!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2005, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

So Tuesday, I call Delta to make sure that my replacement-card-request had actually been entered into the system, and I also ask about my 4 PMUs that I was supposed to get as part of the Medallion Threshold Bonus program - I remember discussing with DLFan how I never got a letter with my PMUs and I decided to wait until March 31st... but nothing came.

[Aside: now that's a run-on sentence ]

I was on and off hold as the woman talked to someone in that mysterious "SkyMiles Center"... after about 40 minutes she comes back and says give it a couple weeks and if I hadn't gotten them by then, call back.

Today I go to the mailbox, and lo and behold, I get a FedEx from the SkyMiles Service Center - airbill handwritten by one Cindy Chesna! Open it up, and there are the 4 PMUs in an envelope, nothing else. The fact that it took only 2 business days for them to send them, and that they FedExed them made me say wow.

On top of that, the airbill has what I suppose is the direct phone number and address for the SkyMiles Service Center:

(404) 715-9431
Cindy Chesna
SkyMiles Service Center
700 South Central Avenue Dept 654
Hapeville, GA 30354

This replaces the "PO BOX 20532" that I had for them before. Nothing too crazy, but I thought it was interesting.

What's really cool is that the PMUs have an expiration date of one year from 4/7/2005 ^.

If only it came from Grinstein himself... now that'd be a phone number worth posting .
Old Apr 9, 2005, 5:34 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
I got the 4 extra (on top of the 6 that come with making PM) PMU's I was supposed to get with going over 150,000. But I think I was also supposed to receive the same benefit choices that came with 125,000 which was "2 PMUs plus a choice of the following, 45,000 mile, etc"., which means that any PM that went over 150,000 should have received a total of 12 PMU's (2 for 125,000, 4 for 150,000 plus the 6 for PM). Anyone else received all 12 or maybe I misunderstood this part of the program (as simple as they have made Skymiles lately I can't imagine that being the case though)? Thanks for the phone number platbrownguy, I will try it on Monday.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta BIS DM
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
What's really cool is that the PMUs have an expiration date of one year from 4/7/2005 ^.
What's also interesting (or at least, I assume it is?) is that when I *FINALLY* got my PMU's for this year (they showed up April 4th) they had an expiration date of 03/31/2006. This pleases me.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Platbrownguy, don't get too excited about getting Cindy's telephone number -- she's too old for you.

In fact, if she graduated high school last June she is too old for you!
Old Apr 9, 2005, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
Platbrownguy, don't get too excited about getting Cindy's telephone number -- she's too old for you.

In fact, if she graduated high school last June she is too old for you!
Dovster, does this mean that you have already called her to ask her out?
Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I tried -- but she doesn't speak Italian.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Had a similar problem getting my threshold PMUs. Arrived here in Germany 3 business days later thanks to DL in ATL and FedEx.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Thanks for the Skymiles Center infor and number. I now have it safely saved on my computer for when I need it. Especially now that I am no longer medallion and deal with the regular skymiles agents as opposed to special member services.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:34 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by MM/PM widget
I got the 4 extra (on top of the 6 that come with making PM) PMU's I was supposed to get with going over 150,000. But I think I was also supposed to receive the same benefit choices that came with 125,000 which was "2 PMUs plus a choice of the following, 45,000 mile, etc"., which means that any PM that went over 150,000 should have received a total of 12 PMU's (2 for 125,000, 4 for 150,000 plus the 6 for PM). Anyone else received all 12 or maybe I misunderstood this part of the program (as simple as they have made Skymiles lately I can't imagine that being the case though)? Thanks for the phone number platbrownguy, I will try it on Monday.
I was over 150,000 and got a total of 10 PMUs. Having been a multiyear PM with over 150,000 MQM, I have ALWAYSonly gotten a total of 10 PMUs. I don't think that you read it correcly.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta 1MM, Platinum Marriott, Gold Priority Club
> Anyone else received all 12 or maybe I misunderstood this part of the program (as simple as they have made Skymiles lately I can't imagine that being the case though)?

I did the math the same way you did MM/PM. I also ran this math by SMS who agreed that it sounded right I should get 12 versus the 10 I got. They promised an answer "soon" and it's been about two weeks so far without an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.