Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing a new experience when you call Delta Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:46 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Starting tomorrow, you will engage in a new, faster customer experience when you call Reservations. We’re introducing a more personalized service designed to recognize you and respond naturally to your voice.

To enjoy the convenience of our new Reservations experience, here’s what you need to know:

The end result is that you can simply pick up the phone and call us. We’ll connect the dots – which is great especially if you are dashing to get to the airport.

This new Reservations experience is part of our continued investment to provide you the very best in customer service. Be sure to log in and update your profile with your current phone number.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:48 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
        Thats cool

In the event you are calling from an unregistered phone, are you still prompted to enter your SM# to get routed to the proper elite line?
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE

Awesome! Great work! This will be a nice improvement for sure!
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
        Maybe its just me but I don't really have a time issue with the reservation desk. Once putting in a SM number, routing to a DM agent is very quick and has been for a long while now. However, I find that I use DL Assist if I'm actually in transit much more often simply because the agents are, in my experience, much more accessible and much faster at resolving issues without complications. The time loss from the reservation line is every time I get the, "let me check on that and I'll be right back" hold of 5-10 minutes which I don't seem to experience with the Twitter reps.

Kudos though for looking for ways to improve performance by streamlining something as simple as linking a phone number to a SM#!
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
        Holy crap. Did Delta just introduce an enhancement that actually makes things better/easier for their customers? I'm so confused right now.

Unless "responds to your voice" means having to navigate through a bunch of menus before you can talk to a real person, that is. That would be more of the type of "enhancement" we're used to.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:32 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
        AA has had this for some time now. Definitely more convenient than having to enter your information.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
        Thanks for the update Dwayne. I like this new tool.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:48 pm

Yes, what we need is another system that automatically trusts the Caller ID and makes available private and/or costly services to someone who may have forged the Caller ID. I hope the reservations agents are going to make some reasonable attempt to verify the caller's identity.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
        Originally Posted by kpfleming
        Yes, what we need is another system that automatically trusts the Caller ID and makes available private and/or costly services to someone who may have forged the Caller ID. I hope the reservations agents are going to make some reasonable attempt to verify the caller's identity.
        This.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
        Is this where we are? Mildly applauding the simplest of IT successes that in all honesty should have been done years ago? I for one am interested in how they plan to confirm identity for things like ticket changes and charge authorization.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
        Thank you, Dwayne. I appreciate the feature and the communication.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
        Originally Posted by TurtleSVS
        I for one am interested in how they plan to confirm identity for things like ticket changes and charge authorization.
        Last 4 digits of purchasing credit card plus the security code works just fine.

This is a good simple enhancement. Thanks Delta.
        Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:24 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
        Thank you Dwayne -sounds great.

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
        Thanks for the (positive) update!

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
        Originally Posted by kpfleming
        For one thing, I've always been asked to verify the CVV number on my credit card when making a new reservation, even when paying the measly $5.00 in taxes for a domestic award trip.

AA has used a similar system for years. Are there widespread reports of fraud at that airline? I don't see how anyone could construe this development as anything but an improvement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.