Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BE TransCon Product Revealed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
Ugh. If they're thinking about using "SC Ugly" as the template for headache-inducing onboard decor, this might be the backbreaking straw that sends me over to WN.
Count ourselves lucky if this is the only thing that comes over from the Sky Club! The last thing we want in the premium cabin is Gordon's and the Luxury Bar.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
While the cabin still retains Delta's signature cheap plastic look, it is an improvement. The use of black to frame the monitors looks sleeker than the gray they use on other versions of the lie-flat cabins.

Overall, the new hard product coupled with DL's soft product will be very competitive on these routes. Good move.

(On another somewhat related note, it would be nice if DL removed the Confederate gray inserts from the domestic First class seats.)
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
New BE TransCon Product Revealed

I didn't see this posted. This morning Delta unveiled it's new Business Elite cabin on the 757 for transcontinental flights starting next spring.

http://takingoff.delta.com/post/5742...he-new-757-200

Seats look kinda cheap. Maybe it's just bad images.

Interesting to see this revealed after JetBlue's new A321 cabin was revealed.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Maybe prices will drop with the added competition from JetBlue.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
New bulkhead “Sky Diamond” laminates reminiscent of the Sky Club backwall
Ugh. If they're thinking about using "SC Ugly" as the template for headache-inducing onboard decor, this might be the backbreaking straw that sends me over to WN.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Are these only JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:31 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I'm sure there will be mixed feelings about the new wood/laminate accents, but I think it's an improvement in that it warms up the cabin a bit and means there is a little less gray plastic.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
This is the same as the UA seats that came from the CO side, right? The main change looks to be that they killed the headrest thing UA has, which is fine with me.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by pbarnette
This is the same as the UA seats that came from the CO side, right? The main change looks to be that they killed the headrest thing UA has, which is fine with me.
Looking at UA's website section on 757 PS upgrade, it is indeed exact same seat.

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/cont...mservices.aspx

Better pics of UA's : http://www.fodors.com/news/united-ro...anes-6609.html

I'm fine with the headrest gone, it's really only in coach that it's great. Otherwise, it just gets in the way when sleeping on lie-flats.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette
I believe it's also substantially the same as the new AA J seat...so basically all 3 airlines will be running the same J class hard product across the country.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bk42
I'm fine with the headrest gone, it's really only in coach that it's great. Otherwise, it just gets in the way when sleeping on lie-flats.
I especially dislike the UA headrest because it is bolted onto the seat, which does nothing for me. If it were flatter to the seat, maybe I would like it more, but to me it just gets in the way.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aa4ever
I believe it's also substantially the same as the new AA J seat...so basically all 3 airlines will be running the same J class hard product across the country.
Yeah, AA looks like the same seat, though they kept the headrest. They did use a wood laminate inlay on the drink table like DL.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The "Sky Diamond" design is also on the new A330, and on the coach bulkhead as well. I don't like the look of the Sky Clubs, but I actually thought it looked nice on the plane. I'm sure in 4 or 5 years when its scuffed up and perhaps peeling off a little bit that is going to look like crap...but for now..
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
After just seeing the new B6 product, this looks underwhelming to say the least. For some reason those seats look remarkably similar to something I would expect to find in my dentist's office.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by cmd320
After just seeing the new B6 product, this looks underwhelming to say the least. For some reason those seats look remarkably similar to something I would expect to find in my dentist's office.
I thought the B6 product looked better. It will be interesting to see how the product does with B6 since they don't have a premium cabin on any of their other aircraft.

The Delta product looks ok, but something isolated to a very small percentage of Delta fliers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.