Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

10% off your next in-flight Duty Free purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% off your next in-flight Duty Free purchase

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Arrow 10% off your next in-flight Duty Free purchase

Hi All,

Just been on the delta website to view to duty free catalogue and was asked to fill in a brief survey. It literally takes 30 seconds and for filling it in you get a voucher for 10% off your next in-flight duty free purchase (valid until 31st January 2014)

Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Thank you
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:03 pm

it shows on home printed boarding pass as well.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Y29M
Hi All,

Just been on the delta website to view to duty free catalogue and was asked to fill in a brief survey. It literally takes 30 seconds and for filling it in you get a voucher for 10% off your next in-flight duty free purchase (valid until 31st January 2014)

Thanks for posting, Y29M - this may be useful on my TATL flights next month!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by rwoman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Y29M

Hi All,

Thanks for posting, Y29M - this may be useful on my TATL flights next month!
What can you buy duty free that is less expensive than buying it retail? All the prices seem inflated to me.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:50 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by HongKonger
What can you buy duty free that is less expensive than buying it retail? All the prices seem inflated to me.
Cigarettes. $37/carton is a bargain compared to most states in the US. And liquor is fairly cheap as well. $43 for a litre of Glenlivet beats the price in most US states.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: Not enough to make much difference
I have to agree, but I don't think it's limited to Delta either. Last few times I've come through LHR, I've been tempted to buy some whisky (as that is pretty much my only vice these days). Having checked the prices at my local liquor store tho, it's just not been worth the hassle, a few 'not-for-export' varieties non-withstanding.

Of course I do get the added excitement following my arrival in the US, where I have to take the air-side purchased, Customs-Inspected, distillery-sealed bottle out of the presentation case, and repack it into a suitcase and hope Bill & Ted in the luggage truck don't manage to add a couple hundred bucks worth of aged scottish scent to my laundry, just to ensure I didn't manage to swap out the contents in the 40 feet between the US Customs Inspection and the baggage recheck gate...
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
For those interested, the direct link is here (the survey should pop up as an option): http://dfasscatalogs.com/dl/index.html
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:01 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
For those interested, the direct link is here (the survey should pop up as an option): http://dfasscatalogs.com/dl/index.html
Thanks for posting this.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
Thanks for the link. Planning a trip across the pond for Thanksgiving so this will come in handy!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Things that are saddled with absurd taxes....like cigarettes. Cigarettes have got to be the biggest percentage savings on anything at the Duty Free
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Things that are saddled with absurd taxes....like cigarettes. Cigarettes have got to be the biggest percentage savings on anything at the Duty Free
Exactly - and that is my number 1 purchase. I do not smoke but my youngest daughter does and the cigs (Marlboro Reds) are a big saving. ^
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Has anyone tried to use this yet? I did last trip on a bottle of scotch and not one FA knew what to do.

It was only going to save $4 so eventually I was going to say never mind ill try on another flight and just pay full price but then I got some smart remark from the FA trying about "all this to save $4". So naturally I kept my mouth shut and left him to figure it out after that.

Their solution was charge my credit card 38 and then input $4.20 as cash.

Anyone have any easier luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.