Wiki Posts
Search

Edible and Tasty

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM, 1MM; Alaska Gold 100K
Edible and Tasty

Curious what others think if they have tried the side potato salad recently. I was on Delta 1794 on Saturday, May 11th, DEN-LGA. Service started from the front but by the time my location was reached (2C) there was only one hot entree left (chicken pizza) which was requested by 2D. I was left with the beef cold plate which I've had before and usually find acceptable with the exception of the side potato salad.

This time the potatoes were thoroughly cooked, flavorful, and tasty. I have flown 37 Delta flights so far this year with about six of them meal flights featuring the potato salad side. Each time it's been inedible as the potatoes were barely cooked. Wondering if it's Denver catering or just a happy accident.

I have also had the hamburger offering a few times (due to it being the only choice) and have come to somewhat look forward to it as it comes with such an excess of condiments.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Haven't had it lately, but in the past its varied... usually been good and I like the dill in it, but I had a few occasions where the potatoes were crunchy.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I had the same dish on JFK-MCO. The beef was a little tough but not bad. The potato salad was good as well. I had prepared to be dissapointed given everyone else's previous review of the potatoes.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by mrnewton
Curious what others think if they have tried the side potato salad recently. I was on Delta 1794 on Saturday, May 11th, DEN-LGA. Service started from the front but by the time my location was reached (2C) there was only one hot entree left (chicken pizza) which was requested by 2D. I was left with the beef cold plate which I've had before and usually find acceptable with the exception of the side potato salad.

This time the potatoes were thoroughly cooked, flavorful, and tasty. I have flown 37 Delta flights so far this year with about six of them meal flights featuring the potato salad side. Each time it's been inedible as the potatoes were barely cooked. Wondering if it's Denver catering or just a happy accident.

I have also had the hamburger offering a few times (due to it being the only choice) and have come to somewhat look forward to it as it comes with such an excess of condiments.
Based on the look of that stuff, the only explanation I can come up with is you took advantage of Colorado's lax laws on Marijuana and blazed up on the ride to the airport....
Old May 13, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Such an interesting title to read after the Frank and Beans thread I just read.....

I have to say the Potato salad/beef plate is amongst my least favorite Delta meals... It ranks up there with the faux buffalo chicken salad.....
Old May 13, 2013, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Each time it's been inedible as the potatoes were barely cooked.
I thought that is the way they are supposed to be and rather like them that way.

The surprise of all surprises. I never thought I would like an airline hamburger but I rather enjoy it.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I was on Delta 1794 on Saturday, May 11th, DEN-LGA. Service started from the front but by the time my location was reached (2C) there was only one hot entree left (chicken pizza) which was requested by 2D.
So you were the 7th pax offered a meal and did not get your first choice? Must have been an Airbus. I don't expect DL to have each choice for every pax but its reasonable to have at least two options in F. I mean really?!?!??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.