Wiki Posts
Search

A brand new form of compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
A brand new form of compensation

Just received this email this morning from DL.

[quote]Dear Mr. Racing Junkie,

As a loyal Medallion member, you have come to expect exceptional service when you fly with us. Unfortunately, we did not meet this expectation. Please accept our apology.

In appreciation of your business, we would like to offer you a gift. You may make your selection by June 14, 2013. Please click the button below and enter Gift Code xxxxxxxxx and Customer ID xxxxx. [/quote

So this is what I had to choose from. Not exactly the greatest options IMHO.

Last edited by RacingJunkie; Apr 15, 2013 at 10:35 am Reason: smaller pic
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So what happened and what gifts were offered?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
What were the options?

Edit: Pic appears now, but text hard to read. A few $100 GC options, is that what I'm seeing? If you're not satisfied with that, I can't imagine they'd say no to a $100 TCV instead if you asked.

Last edited by javabytes; Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42 am
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did you complaint about something, perhaps using the website form, or was this sent unsolicited?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:47 am
Original Poster

First image was huge, shrunk it down to an acceptable size.

All are 100.00 GC options.

I have not figured out what this stems from, my last complaint was in December and was settled with miles.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
i sent in a letter of complaint recently. I asked for compensation on the necessity to rent a car, in which DL reimbursed me for (actually sent me a check) and they also sent me the same choices the OP got, but for $50.00. I took the amazon GC choice. I actually like the option to choose amazon as you can get just about anything from them.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Since Delta and AMEX are thick as thieves, where is the $100 Amex gift card option??
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Should have doubled down and gone for the Carnival Cruise card.

What is worse than being stuck on the tarmac for three hours in an airplane with 300 PAXs with non functional bathrooms?

Being stuck at sea with 3000 passengers for three days with non functional bathrooms.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I like it.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar

What is worse than being stuck on the tarmac for three hours in an airplane with 300 PAXs with non functional bathrooms?

Being stuck at sea with 3000 passengers for three days with non functional bathrooms.

I got this type of offer recently after being displaced from EC by a not so friendly GA.

My offer was for $50 And I took the AMEX GC.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Starwood
[QUOTE=RacingJunkie;20595290]Just received this email this morning from DL.

Dear Mr. Racing Junkie,

As a loyal Medallion member, you have come to expect exceptional service when you fly with us. Unfortunately, we did not meet this expectation. Please accept our apology.

In appreciation of your business, we would like to offer you a gift. You may make your selection by June 14, 2013. Please click the button below and enter Gift Code xxxxxxxxx and Customer ID xxxxx. [/quote

So this is what I had to choose from. Not exactly the greatest options IMHO.

not new....received the link more than 5 times now; once late last year and four this year. The gift card selections are not always thesame as I noticed but Marriott, Hyatt & Lowes always seem to be part of the list. I got an array that included Neiman Marcus & AMEX cards but dont see them in your list above.

If you call/write customer care they are more likely to offer the gift cards or miles these days. I got a customer care phone call after a cancelled flight this year and the supervisor told me DL Mgmt has limited how ECVs are typically offered and will give gift cards instead moving forward.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL, US
I chose an amazon gift card, but there is an option for an AMEX card too.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar

I got this type of offer recently after being displaced from EC by a not so friendly GA.

My offer was for $50 And I took the AMEX GC.
Imagine how much money they could save if they fixed their IT so it didn't randomly kick people out of their seats. But no, instead they'll toss you $50 and make up for it by charging their best customers $50 for most same-day flight changes.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dknn
I chose an amazon gift card, but there is an option for an AMEX card too.
I would prefer an Amex or Amazon card compared to the garbage I was given a choice of. Hell even as worthless as miles are, I would rather have those.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
I would prefer an Amex or Amazon card compared to the garbage I was given a choice of. Hell even as worthless as miles are, I would rather have those.
there was two pages of options to choose from. The Amazon was on pg 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.