Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding,” starting this summer.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding,” starting this summer.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:46 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
It's not just the same bedding renamed...all new everything.

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Who wants to bet it's the same duvet just renamed?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: DL-PM
Hey Chris, is it different from UA's PS version of the Heavenly bedding?

I know you mentioned some soft-product surprises by month's end... this is very cool! keep them coming!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
It's not just the same bedding renamed...all new everything.
Hopefully it's better then, as the current pillow and duvet are actually some of the best of any airline already.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
I took numerous p.s. Business class flights when the westin blankets and pillows were around and they were far better than what is currently available either on UA or DL. Very excited for this change if they keep the same quality, as I assume they would as westin wouldn't want to sully their brand name!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:53 am

It's completely different from what our friends at UA offered on their p.s. flights 5 years ago. They offered a very thin "travel" blanket and nothing else, in terms of bedding.

Originally Posted by jcname
Hey Chris, is it different from UA's PS version of the Heavenly bedding?

I know you mentioned some soft-product surprises by month's end... this is very cool! keep them coming!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:59 am

Hey everyone...I know many of you want "detailed" details about the new bedding, so here's the breakdown:

Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding – exclusive design for Delta.

Scheduled launch worldwide: June 17, 2013

Availability: All intercontinental and transcon BusinessElite markets as well as ATL-HNL. You'll also see it on some flights designated as "Business" such as BOG. And the bedding will be offered on intra-Asia flights.

Note: the lumbar pillow is provisioned only on flights that are 12 hours or longer.

Comforter, 10" quilted box, plush design, 48x81", Heavenly Signature White Micron Herringbone Stripe on one side, soft brushed microfiber on opposite side; finished with baffle box construction to prevent the fill from shifting; “extra-luxurious” loft; 262 thread count

Sleeping pillow case, 18x23" finished dimension, white soft brushed microfiber both sides, French envelope design

Sleeping pillow, 18x22 finished dimension, EnviroLoft® blown fiber filled hypoallergenic down alternative (15 oz)

Lumbar pillow case, 12x16.5" finished dimension, Heavenly Signature White Micron stripe both sides, French cuff design

Lumbar pillow, 12x16.5” finished dimension, EnviroLoft® blown fiber filled hypoallergenic down alternative (8 oz)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Hey everyone...I know many of you want "detailed" details about the new bedding, so here's the breakdown:

Availability: All intercontinental and transcon BusinessElite markets as well as ATL-HNL. You'll also see it on some flights designated as "Business" such as BOG. And the bedding will be offered on intra-Asia flights.

Note: the lumbar pillow is provisioned only on flights that are 12 hours or longer.

Comforter, 10" quilted box, plush design, 48x81", Heavenly Signature White Micron Herringbone Stripe on one side, soft brushed microfiber on opposite side; finished with baffle box construction to prevent the fill from shifting; “extra-luxurious” loft; 262 thread count

Sleeping pillow case, 18x23" finished dimension, white soft brushed microfiber both sides, French envelope design

Sleeping pillow, 18x22 finished dimension, EnviroLoft® blown fiber filled hypoallergenic down alternative (15 oz)

Lumbar pillow case, 12x16.5" finished dimension, Heavenly Signature White Micron stripe both sides, French cuff design

Lumbar pillow, 12x16.5” finished dimension, EnviroLoft® blown fiber filled hypoallergenic down alternative (8 oz)
So no actual down anywhere? YAY!!!!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First

Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding – exclusive design for Delta...
Thanks for the "detailed" details Chris!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:01 pm
mdb

I do mostly International on DL out of DTW, so this is rather good news. However it would be nice if DL could add something to sleep on - some kind of seat cover to soften the hardness - something to consider.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G

Thanks for the details, really great to see ATL-HNL really be treated as it should as a long-haul flight.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I agree as long as express meals don't replace the regular BE dinner. it should just be an option for those who want the quick cold supper.
NW Champagne Supper redux.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by jspira
I've asked FAs to do an express meal for me on TATL flights way before DL introduced the concept and they were always happy to do it for me. This gave me close to an hour's extra sleep on the overnight flight over.
I have thought about this but figured that this might infringe on the serving schedule of others so let it go and just tried to finish the first movie during the meal.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Xeno
I have thought about this but figured that this might infringe on the serving schedule of others so let it go and just tried to finish the first movie during the meal.
Once I asked for that I got a blank and less-than-friendly stare from the FA, so I've never dared to ask again.

But, it would be very much welcome indeed if so was finally offered.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL

Nice!!! Flying BE to MNL this December out of JFK. Will get to see two new things from DL - JFK T4 and the enhanced BE service.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
I always put the comforter under me...

it is the rare and glorious flight that is cool in the cabin. I have never used even the thinnest of blankets to cover myself. It is clinically proven that cooler temps are better for sleeping, yet someone always screams it is too cold and up goes the heat. I have offered many a blanket to a woman sitting beside me to ward off her request to a FA to turn up the heat.

Also, the BE beds are way too hard and the leather creates hot spots. Consequently, the comforter becomes my pillow top, but it is still not really enough to soften the blow. I would estimate it would take 3 of the current comforters to perhaps soften the seat properly.

I wish I could bring my recliner from home and have it secured to the floor for flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.