Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Biscoff service being slowly phased out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

Don't say it's so!

Just looked at the Domestic Economy Class dining page, and it now says:

We offer complimentary Biscoff cookies on flights from 5:00am to 9:45am and pretzels on flights from 9:46 AM and later, plus a selection of complimentary nonalcoholic beverages.
Looks like Biscoffs are only now being relegated to morning flights? Hope this isn't true.

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Feb 22, 2013 at 6:37 pm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PM
I hope not. DISLIKE
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I have not been offered Biscoffs on my last few evening flights, now that I think about it. This would explain it.

At least they're still keeping buckets of them in the SCs for now.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
I have not been offered Biscoffs on my last few evening flights, now that I think about it. This would explain it.
Last noontime flight (mid Feb) I had from SLC - SJC they only had pretzels. When I asked for Biscoff, the FA had to go into F and get them.

Last MSP - SJC flight I had (early Feb), they still offered a choice of peanuts, pretzels, and cookies.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:02 pm

All 3 choices are still being offered on flights of 601+ miles no matter the time of day. Shorter flights only have 1 option for snack, based on time of day.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL 2MM GM
Tuesday long flight had all three - pretzel, biscoff and peanuts.
Today only pretzels on a short PM flight, but biscoffs in fist.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:48 pm

I did LAX-SFO on Wednesday afternoon and the FA said that Biscoffs were morning only now.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I'm getting a little Bisckedoff about this.

Last edited by HongKonger; Feb 23, 2013 at 10:32 pm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
I got my post-flight survey from an evening short hop <250 miles. Biscoff were unavailable, and only peanuts were offered "due to the short flight". I made sure to make a note in the survey that the food options offered were poor and that I wanted my biscoff! Maybe if we let them know how critical biscoff cookies are to the flight experience they'll either add them back, or give them 2 skypesos per flight as a customer service resolution gesture. UGH
Old Feb 23, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Josher747
All 3 choices are still being offered on flights of 601+ miles no matter the time of day. Shorter flights only have 1 option for snack, based on time of day.
+1. My experience also.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Don't say it's so!

Just looked at the Domestic Economy Class dining page, and it now says:

Looks like Biscoffs are only now being relegated to morning flights? Hope this isn't true.
Note, the section you are quoting only applies to flights between 250 miles and 600 miles (up to 1.5 hours). As others have noted, flights over 600 miles continue to get a selection of pretzels, peanuts and biscoffs. There is nothing new here.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Seriously .... for these 600 mile or less flights, what's the point of only offering 1 snack instead of giving customers a choice???

Offering the cookies is one thing Delta does well, and there's probably a non-zero number of fliers who will fly DL over the competition just for the cookies. I know I was annoyed when there were no cookies on a recent CVG-MSP flight (596 miles).

I guess offering only 1 snack makes the plane weighs less (100 packs of Biscoff cookies = 10 lbs?), and there are some non-zero fuel savings because of such, but geez ..............
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: UAL Platinum, Amex Plat, Kimpton Inner Circle
If true, this is unAmerican. Biscoffs are like baseball and apple pie.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by chucktownmark
If true, this is unAmerican. Biscoffs are like baseball and apple pie.
Except they are made in Belgium.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:20 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by NittanyLion
there's probably a non-zero number of fliers who will fly DL over the competition just for the cookies.
Really? I challenge you to find one person who won't fly Delta solely due to this change. We are getting a bit over the top aren't we?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.