Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club food offerings rant

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Why is it so awful? Everywhere I've been it's pretzels, fake cheese, and celery. Even at ATL F it's the same thing. Many other airline lounges have pastries/sandwiches and sometimes chefs taking orders but we don't even get hot food. Granted I haven't had a chance to visit the NRT club (always have tight connection there) but you'd think they would make the intl terminal clubs in the US a bit nicer?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Maybe they should serve ma po tofu?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
The mini beef wellingtons and the lobster pasta were good this evening in the Elite room in the E sky club.... Oh wait, you are Gold...

ya, I heard that food out there is not fit to eat...
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Well they're jacking the rates on 3/1 so maybe then you'll get upgraded to real cheese
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:11 pm

Don't Sky Clubs usually have the best domestic free food?

If you're in an Admiral's Club, they do have better food, but it's all for sale except the snack mix. Haven't been in a United Club lately, but I don't think they tend to have as good free food as the Sky Clubs.

If it's the fake cheese, though, that's pretty lousy. Eat some more biscoff.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bttc
Don't Sky Clubs usually have the best domestic free food?

If you're in an Admiral's Club, they do have better food, but it's all for sale except the snack mix. Haven't been in a United Club lately, but I don't think they tend to have as good free food as the Sky Clubs.

If it's the fake cheese, though, that's pretty lousy. Eat some more biscoff.
DL SC may well compare well domestically, but they are also now used for international Business Elite lounges and at that level they are pretty much the worst I've seen around the globe for snack offerings. They are abysmal.

It used to be in Atlanta international terminal. many eons ago, there was a SC (then called Crown Room) AND a Business Elite lounge that had many more goodies in it.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Rewards, Emerald Club
International Sky Clubs are pretty great. I love the Black Sesame Soup in Incheon.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
As much as I would love an expanded food selection in the domestic SCs, I will say that I do love Delta's hummus and carrots. What a pleasant and healthy option to find in an airport!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:17 am

Agreed. The snack selection is pitiful. My frat house in college had a better selection of "snacks" strewn throughout the house than your average SkyClub. While I'm not saying that Carrots and Celery are bad; it's a fairly cheap presentation of a supposedly "elite" lounge that all you have are some vegetables out there.

Regardless if it's healthy or not, I would love small bags of potato chips or something slightly more substantial. The US Airways clubs seem to have a better selection of free food; and most KLM/AF domestic lounges I've found to have better food as well. I'm; not expecting a meal by any means, but the current selection of snacks clearly is not cutting it.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Maybe they should serve ma po tofu?
Hehe! I just made some the other day. Yum!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
what ticks me off is that they offer asbolutely nothing that is low carb for breakfast. i can get by with carrots and celery for all other times, but wish they would at least give low fat ranch with it instead of the heavy stuff
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Tillamook cheddar at the HNL SC yesterday afternoon.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by mikepa
DL SC may well compare well domestically, but they are also now used for international Business Elite lounges and at that level they are pretty much the worst I've seen around the globe for snack offerings. They are abysmal.

It used to be in Atlanta international terminal. many eons ago, there was a SC (then called Crown Room) AND a Business Elite lounge that had many more goodies in it.
Agreed. I really miss the BE lounge.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I posted just yesterday that while I don't mind so much that the selection is scant, please, please at the least rotate the options more than once every few years.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tkey75
I posted just yesterday that while I don't mind so much that the selection is scant, please, please at the least rotate the options more than once every few years.
Mika Brzezinski said on Morning Joe Jan 30th she was kicked out of ATL Skyclub for bringing in food since offerings inside were not healthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.