Search

KE award now bookable on DL.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
KE award now bookable on DL.com

Good news for some people.

Personally I don't like it. Availability used to be good, but I'm sure it will disappear very soon.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
This brings a whole new series of search and display anomalies with it, but delta.com award search does appear to be able to find - and to take to the itinerary pricing page - both coach and business awards, and show KE non-stops as well as combined DL+ KE and KE + AS routings in some very early searching tests.

A little further searching shows it will bring up some KE seat maps at the itin selection screen. The recognition of all KE destinations is not complete.

Further adds:

1. Flexible date searching is not supported, a limitation shared with other partner carriers on delta.com. Clicking on a calendar date may bring up KE inventory by chance but the color-coding doesn't reflect KE availability.

2. Search by schedule, not by price. Denolloyd's one-way search methodology makes sense here.

3. If you know there's a KE non-stop between your city pair, check the non-stop box on the search page(s). It seems delta.com may need that little prod.

4. When searching by schedule the itinerary selection page will display results in two columns, coach and business. I'm seeing some selection boxes with the notation 'not available' but with a red selection button. These flights seem to be bookable. Like I said, display anomalies. (Further comment: maybe they have fixed this <24 hours because now flights showing 'not available' but with a selection button are no longer reliably going to the pricing screen.)

Delta.com seems to be able to construct and price some multi-carrier routings, as least in one-way searches. It's going to be work to search day by day but there are going to be FlyerTalkers who prefer this to calling.

Link to KE route maps. http://www.koreanair.com/local/na/gp...ng_wd_page.jsp

Last edited by 3Cforme; Oct 16, 2012 at 6:57 am
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
This brings a whole new series of search and display anomalies with it, but delta.com award search does appear to be able to find - and to take to the itinerary pricing page - both coach and business awards, and show KE non-stops as well as combined DL+ KE and KE + AS routings in some very early searching tests.
The thing it can't seem to do in my tests is piece together with multi-city. I can find ORD/IAD-ICN and ICN-SYD (DL.dumb still barfs on AKL as a destination for reasons that pass all understanding), but when I try multi-city, it shows the KE flights but doesn't offer availability in either class of service, despite me knowing that it's there. I suppose it would be worth testing this with something like ICN-HKG that would be less complex for DL.dumb to price, but I suspect that there are still a zillion bugs involved.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Finally able to see biz space
IAD-ICN is available
but if you specify nonstop it only shows it on days it is there and then crashes if there is no availability the next day.
VERY buggy.
Perhaps we can pass a hat around and ask for the AA / CO guys who seem to have done it in no time to do it for DL
?what happened to the old NW ones there - retired w golden parachutes?
Really all they needed to do was keep the old NW booking engine for awards.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
I can't seem to get the non stops on KE to show up...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
I can't get Delta.com's "search by price" to pick "low" flights on Alaska Airlines if the only "low" availability is in first class and not coach. Had to search by schedule to find them.

I wonder if KE searches are buggy in the same way as AS's.

However, since there is no tool to identify KE award inventory ahead of poking around Delta.com, perhaps that means we have to "search by schedule" and try every permutation.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I see LAX-GRU availability.

Also LAX-NRT-ICN-SYD for 150K miles! Although typical Delta sells me a connection that will not work ...

Economy = KE.X and Business = KE.O

However, if it shows up in simple "one-way" or "round-trip" searches, the same space doesn't show up with "multi-city" searches.

Last edited by amolkold; Oct 15, 2012 at 12:31 am
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
where's SMI when you need him?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'd say it is a good improvement. Definitely good news!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
This is exciting! I could have held off on booking my award ticket by two days and saved the $25 direct ticketing fee.

Hopefully they work out the bugs soon.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Good news, and good on DL for bringing a real enhancement to us ^, except that noobs will now hoover up the availability and leave us dry.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
I can't seem to see any option for 2x daily JFK-ICN...anyone able to find awards for this route non-stop on KE?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: Skyteam
Very nice. Good job Delta!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks OP for the alert!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
will be a nice enhancement once all the bugs get worked out. of course, it would be nicer if they would just load all of the partners like United...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.