Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Able to Choose AF Seats on DL.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Now Able to Choose AF Seats on DL.com

Ok, so this seems too good to be true. Since the PMNW days seats on AF/KLM were always a mess. When DL took over it got worse when most DL agents (esp PMDL) didn't know much about selecting seats on AF/KL flights.

Up to about a month ago any AF/KL seats couldn't be selected on DL.com, you'd have to do the old trick of either calling AF/KL or better selecting on KLM.com or AF.us using the AF/KLM PNR (Amadeus PNR). Seats could then also be verified via checkmytrip.com.

Today I booked a TATL itinerary with 006 stock (DL) that includes DL fares (i.e. DL codeshare, not AF fares nor any mix of DL-AF).

DL.com allows me to select seats on TATL AF (metal) portions. AF.us, KL.com, and checkmytrip confirms this. I change seats on DL.com and now all three other sites confirm the change.

Is this an ACTUAL improvement to DL.com??? Or is this just cause it's DL ticket stock/DL fares?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I in fact noticed this last night when booking Premium Voyageur on AF through DL.com...

^^^

I thought this was just a product of purchasing a 'premium' product, but alas maybe this is a permanent fix!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
That's progress over a couple of months ago when I had seats auto-selected by DL that made it into AF/KL but changed seats on AF site never propagated back to DL. I was too worried about changes messing things up to try changing on the DL side, but the fact that things were out of sync was not a good sign.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
thats good news. what about KLM
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
I flew AF on 7/23 (CDG - JFK) and was able to pre-select an economy seat on DL.com and it stuck through until the time of the flight. It denied me a few times and then it accepted the change. I don't think I did anything different but it seemed in this case of 1 that it worked. At the same time I did this I was not allowed to pick a seat on a KLM flight on 7/20 (AMS-CDG) on the same reservation
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Today I was trying to access my reservation on AF.com (combined AF and DL flights, all DL coded). In the past I was able to use the ticket number for access, and was unable to do so. Today, I was able to enter my DL PNR into the AF locator field, and I was able to access the record...even though the AF "reservation reference" number was different from DL's. I was able to use DL's conf code and find my record. It may not be new, but it's the first time I've been able to do it.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by McGoogles
At the same time I did this I was not allowed to pick a seat on a KLM flight on 7/20 (AMS-CDG) on the same reservation
No-one can pre-assign or pre-select seats on AF or KL short-haul services. Seats can only be selected when online check-in opens.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No-one can pre-assign or pre-select seats on AF or KL short-haul services. Seats can only be selected when online check-in opens.
Nobody in coach. Seats can be pre-selected in the "premium" cabin.

Successfully changed my seats on AF.com (AF operated, DL coded flights), though DL still shows the old selections.

Last edited by bennos; Aug 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yeah, I thought it might be something like that, figured I would report what I had observed.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Seeing this thread reminded me that I had not selected my seat on a KLM GVA-AMS (11/5). So I tried to do it through the DL web and there was no seatmap. I went over to the KLM web with my DL code and had no problem reserving a business seat.

I am not sure this would make a difference but this ticket started out as an AF W fare bought on the Delta web and upgraded with SWUs quickly the same day of purchase. The latest version of this ticket has me on DL medal to/from AMS then KLM in/out GVA.

Anyway, if O will open on AMS-GVA (10/31), I can try this again but my flight is the only one that day with no O inventory (since the day of purchase).
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
Seeing this thread reminded me that I had not selected my seat on a KLM GVA-AMS (11/5). So I tried to do it through the DL web and there was no seatmap. I went over to the KLM web with my DL code and had no problem reserving a business seat.

I am not sure this would make a difference but this ticket started out as an AF W fare bought on the Delta web and upgraded with SWUs quickly the same day of purchase. The latest version of this ticket has me on DL medal to/from AMS then KLM in/out GVA.

Anyway, if O will open on AMS-GVA (10/31), I can try this again but my flight is the only one that day with no O inventory (since the day of purchase).
I had an alert for 5 months for O class, the day I needed it, O class never opened up, even a few days prior...I think AF is holding back seats as 10+ seats have been going out empty on days you can't book O class with Delta Skymiles.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
I booked a trip on AF yesterday with Premium Voyeur seating. Cannot access seat selection on DL.com today. It WILL, however, let me select regular coach seats!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Looks like it's not just me. I still recommend everyone to check/double check AF.us.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
thats good news. what about KLM
They won't give you a seat. Because they cannot allowed it.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Must be missing something... it's no different than when I tried three months ago. I can see the seat map, but it's quite buggy. I can select seats, but they don't stick. If I change my seats on AF.us, those seat assignments don't propagate back to DL.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.