Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can DL end their contract with Regional Elite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

Or ASA/ExpressJet/SureJet or whomever issues the contract to RE?

Yes, I realize these people are paid minimum wage or very close to it, but there are people at a greater competency level who are employable. I just know it.

/rant.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
The contract is procured by Delta. I am sure that there are various expiration dates/non-performance clauses with each contract. I agree that their operation is sub-par (DTW B and C concourses).
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

The contract is procured by Delta. I am sure that there are various expiration dates/non-performance clauses with each contract. I agree that their operation is sub-par (DTW B and C concourses).
At least at DTW they have support from DL staff. Get to an outpost like BTR when the Station Manager isn't there and well...there are really no words sometimes.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: National ES
Regional Elite has met all their performance objectives so far this year with the exception of aircraft damage (in 1 quarter). They have a long future with Delta. Regional Elite is wholly owned by Delta, and they are expected to perform at the same standard as Delta employees.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

they are expected to perform at the same standard as Delta employees.
Laughable.

Three times in a row when my baggage has arrived at BTR on a later flight, there has been no update from the RE crew on my luggage. And I'm not talking about 30 minutes after the flight arrives. I'm talking 24+ hours. No scheduled delivery, no updates to DL's baggage tracking system. No contact with the traveller.

They just drop the luggage into their closet and leave.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The OP might have better luck focusing on the deficiencies at BTR specifically rather than trying to change handling services at 100+ airports.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jakeflynwa
Regional Elite is wholly owned by Delta, and they are expected to perform at the same standard as Delta employees.
Expected to, but since the RE people are not given the same level of training as mainline employees of course issues will arise.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The OP might have better luck focusing on the deficiencies at BTR specifically rather than trying to change handling services at 100+ airports.
+1
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Expected to, but since the RE people are not given the same level of training as mainline employees of course issues will arise.
Since when?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Since when?
Perhaps things have changed a bit, but when I was at OH/REAS this was 100% the case.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:31 pm

Well, strangely enough, you got your wish.
Just announced today to employees. REAS will cease to exist by the end of 2012, with the vast majority of stations transitioning to contract company DGS... Can't promise you they're going to be any better.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by pjpoker
Well, strangely enough, you got your wish.
Just announced today to employees. REAS will cease to exist by the end of 2012, with the vast majority of stations transitioning to contract company DGS... Can't promise you they're going to be any better.
Is it going to be worse?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I've had poor service with RE at a number of locations, not just BTR. Since it is my home airport, I obviously experience more frustrations with them than other stations.

Regardless, its clear there's a breakdown between DL, RE, and its stations if RE is meeting DL's goals and providing the level of service that I'm experiencing.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I don't necessarily know that Regional Elite workers are bad but I think much of the issue is that they don't see what Delta staff in a hub city or large station see. So whenever things go wrong in an outstation, Regional Elite is limited in its resources. I know many pleasant employees that just don't know as much as a standard delta agent in a hub. Go to some of the smaller stations and international check-in creates mass confusion. Different questions get asked and it creates mass confusion since they don't deal with them on a daily basis. I'm my experience, many just don't know any better and don't have all the answers. Training may be somewhat to blame but experience and repetition is likely what is the main driver. When you work all 50 seat RJs and only have a few flights and have to work check-in, ramp, gate, bag loading, etc a day, it's going to be hard to be as versed as person who is strictly a gate agent or check-in agent at a larger station with 5+ flights a day on 150+ seat jets.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
Perhaps things have changed a bit, but when I was at OH/REAS this was 100% the case.
When I was with OH/REAS...it certainly wasn't the case. Guess like someone said...maybe it had to do with being in a hub. I think you were below wing where I was above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.