Search

Earn & redeem on Aerolineas Argentina

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Earn & redeem on Aerolineas Argentina

Just got an email. Sorry if this has already been posted. Please merge if it has. Looked through the first two pages quickly and didn't see it.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The mileage earning chart is updated.

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airl...php#Argentinas
Old May 11, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wonder if there will be YQs? And if you havent flown AR, you are in for a real treat. Not.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Wonder if there will be YQs? And if you havent flown AR, you are in for a real treat. Not.
I agree with the *NOT* part. However, if you need to add on an intra-Argentina flight to a USA-Buenos Aires redemption, there are not a lot of options besides AR. The Buenos Aires international airport is a mess, but the domestic airport -- AEP -- is a real jewel. Check out the food court steak options.
Old May 11, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I agree with the *NOT* part. However, if you need to add on an intra-Argentina flight to a USA-Buenos Aires redemption, there are not a lot of options besides AR. The Buenos Aires international airport is a mess, but the domestic airport -- AEP -- is a real jewel. Check out the food court steak options.
Agreed! AEP is awesome. But LAN now has lots of flights and they are a great value with BA miles if one has those!
Old May 11, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
When was the last time that DL added a partner and didn't collect YQ on awards?
Old May 11, 2012, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a link to a route map.

http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/25213...uelos/mapa.pdf

It appears Aerolineas covers enough cities with DL or Gol service to create some interesting interline/stopover opportunities, and economy award inventory is searched by ExpertFlyer.
Old May 11, 2012, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Here's a link to a route map.

http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/25213...uelos/mapa.pdf

It appears Aerolineas covers enough cities with DL or Gol service to create some interesting interline/stopover opportunities, and economy award inventory is searched by ExpertFlyer.
Some of the routes might be economy only aircraft. I know this is true for many (all?) domestic LAN flights in Argentina.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
What is this airline like in business class? And, do you think there will be 100K redemptions from JFK-EZE?
Old May 11, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by VolareBene
What is this airline like in business class? And, do you think there will be 100K redemptions from JFK-EZE?
They dont fly to JFK so that probably wont be happening... And as with all partners, they only redeem at the LOW level
Old May 11, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Unfortunately no MQMs at the moment. I have been in the planning stages of a trip to EZE in November and have been awaiting AR's pending entry into ST in August. If I cannot earn MQMs, I may be flying either DL or possibly choosing another vacation destination!
Old May 11, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta
Call Centers say this isn't so... after 3rd try they found it.

The call centers just say you can't do this until August, but after trying three times one agent actually checked it out and found it on the system instead of just saying it's not available and not checking... ugh. Anyway a flight from EZE to GIG and back was 20,000 skymiles and $81.65. (fare about $360 rt I think). Didn't think that could have been from the downtown airport... didn't even think to ask.......
Old May 24, 2012, 12:10 am

Has anyone actually ticketed an award ticket using SkyMiles on AR?

I'm looking to redeem AR domestic flights which can be great value to places such as FTE (El Calafate) which is 3+ hours and only costs 20,000 return.

However, when trying to book "Business class" no luck... They say must book into U but Flying Blue says shorter flights book into P (Club Economy) but SM agent is a bit clueless and insists on booking into U inventory...

Also, no stopovers seem to be allowed... each segment = 1 ticket... ie AEP-FTE-BRC-AEP will cost 30,000 miles it seems in Economy?
Old May 24, 2012, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Has anyone actually ticketed an award ticket using SkyMiles on AR?
Yes, with a stopover. See this post.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post18532955
Old May 24, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by VolareBene
I had exceedingly low expectations for domestic business class, but found the flights (in my case) were generally on time and service wasn't bad. Their fleet is the luck of the draw - brand new 73Gs and E190s, and ancient 737-400s.

Worst part was on the connection from DL to AR at EZE, to a domestic flight: domestic flights at EZE all leave from bus gates; the "bus station" is in its own tiny, sterile area where there is no lounge and, when I was there, no wifi. Was stuck there for like three hours, and didn't enjoy it at all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.