Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL Terminal F: 1,500 Volunteers needed for "Readiness Test" on May 2, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) will be doing a readiness test of Terminal F on Wednesday, May 2. They need 1,500 volunteers to replicate a “normal” operating day.

Here's the link to more information and instructions on how to volunteer:
ATL: Operational Simulation Exercise – May 2, 2012

Photographs of the simulation exercise begin here, and scroll down for additional photographs. Be sure to click on the photographs to enlarge them or to access additional photographs.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 3, 2012 at 9:21 am Reason: Added link to photographs found later within this discussion.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) will be doing a readiness test of Terminal F on Wednesday, May 2. They need 1,500 volunteers to replicate a “normal” operating day.

Here's the link to more information and instructions on how to volunteer:
ATL: Operational Simulation Exercise – May 2, 2012
I volunteer to test the Sky Club to make sure that it is ready.

Has it been designed to accommodate 1500 people?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Can I apply to be a volunteer? I am very good direction. I am very good direction where those people can go to the gate and etc.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I'll be lounging in the middle of the Pacific somewhere on May 2.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Concourse F in Atlanta Needs You: Simulation Exercise Volunteers Needed

The following information was just passed on to me by one of my contacts at Delta Air Lines:

The world’s busiest airport needs your input!

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is preparing for the opening of the new Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal on May 16. We’ve been working with our airline partners to ensure not only that the terminal construction is complete but also that a team of well-trained employees will be ready for passengers on opening day.

We will measure our readiness on Wednesday, May 2 during an operational exercise in which we replicate a “normal” operating day. We need 1,500 volunteers to assist in our simulation by playing the role of international passengers. Each volunteer will be provided a trip itinerary and script describing the actions he/she will perform during the simulation.

After the simulation, volunteers will be served refreshments and will complete a short survey to evaluate critical areas of the facility as well as provide general comments on experiences, processes and building features. Your participation and survey comments will be critical as we gauge our operational readiness and ensure that Atlanta puts its best foot forward when we open our new terminal to the world.

If you are interested in volunteering, please note the following details:

Date: May 2, 2012

Time: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon

Directions will be provided to those selected to participate in the simulation.

Requirements: Valid government-issued photo identification
(Note: passports are preferred but not required)

Transportation to the Airport via personal car or MARTA. Volunteers will be asked to park at the international terminal, domestic terminal or Airport Rental Car Center. Participants will receive parking vouchers.

Luggage: Volunteers are asked to bring at least two old suitcases, golf bags, garment bags, etc. with old clothes or towels inside to process through the new baggage system. Bags and contents will be returned upon completion of the exercise.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/inter...stionnaire.pdf

Complete the volunteer questionnaire and email it to:
[email protected]

The questionnaire will allow us to engage a broad range of volunteers.

Deadline: Volunteers should register no later than March 30, 2012.

Notification: Those selected to participate will be notified via reply email by April 15, 2012.

Appreciation: Simulation participants will be given a small commemorative gift in appreciation of their critical role in preparing the new international terminal for opening.

Thank you in advance for helping us ensure that America’s new global gateway provides international travelers with a world-class experience as they travel to and through Atlanta.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
no reply to this thread ? Am i the only one who signed up ?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I signed up. Don't know what my travel schedule will be that far out, but as of now I might be able to make it. Not a great time for most business travelers that actually fly internationally!

P.S. There are many pictures later in this thread, as well as scattered throughout several of FT threads. I have attempted to index all of them in post #226 in this thread for easy reference.

Last edited by dcline414; May 6, 2012 at 1:29 pm Reason: Added link to photo index post #226
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM/Marriott Plat
Actually sounds like it could be fun and interesting. Too bad I am never in ATL on a Wednesday. Only the better part of every Friday night and Sunday afternoon!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What kind of sicko would spend half a day in ATL on purpose, without actually needing to fly somewhere, for a parking voucher and refreshments?? I do the bag drag enough as it is, There is no way I'm going to do it just for fun!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: DL KM, PM, Global Entry, SATA
If I get selected, I will make a day of it and do an afternoon dive at the Georgia Aquarium.

Sounds like it would be fun and interesting, not unlike a movie set.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
What kind of sicko would spend half a day in ATL on purpose, without actually needing to fly somewhere, for a parking voucher and refreshments?? I do the bag drag enough as it is, There is no way I'm going to do it just for fun!
So you DON'T want to see pictures of the new terminal up and running two weeks before it opens?

Plus it's nice to get a jump start on figuring out the best strategies and any tips/tricks to make travel easier.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:21 am

I wanted to do this, but am in Vegas that day.

I hope it goes well.. I have an flight out of there a few weeks later
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
Bases on the responses, looks like there are at least a few sickos among us (me being one of them)!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
see u there!

I am planning to deposit a kryptonium Medallion bag so that I can ensure I will be the first Kryptonium served at the new terminal :-)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by DLroads
I am planning to deposit a kryptonium Medallion bag so that I can ensure I will be the first Kryptonium served at the new terminal :-)
Imagine the confusion your KM credentials could cause with all the new employees trying to learn the new facility while being challenged by the various scenarios they will be assigning to the volunteers. You could make KM status notorious in ATL (again) before the new terminal is even open! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.