Wiki Posts
Search

Lost item success

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, AA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Unhappy Lost item success

Has anyone had any luck with getting a lost item returned to them.

I left something in my seat pocket on my MHT to ATL flight last evening. I filled out a lost item form online but am really upset at myself for being so careless.

Anyone have any success stories to share?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Yes, left an item in the overhead from ewr-atl, emailed baggage claims lost and found, found out the flight then went from atl to columbia, sc and changed flight numbers. Emailed again saying the flight was in columbia and gave the new flight number. Got a call 2 days later that they found it and returned it
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Yes, a business traveler with me left an $1,200 camera at the gate. 4 days later when we returned home, the camera was in lost and found. I would have lost money on that bet.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:41 pm

Yup. I left a Bose noise canceling headset in a seat. I filed the online form and called the lost and found line for JFK (where my flight terminated). I got a call from the JFK lost and found a few days later, and they FedEx'ed it back to me. (I paid for the shipping.)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Lost a credit card wallet with a bit of cash in the departure gate area. Delta sent it on the next flight and called me next day that it was ready for me to pick up at my destination. Nothing missing. When I went to the lost and found to pick it up, they had lots of high value items waiting for their owners (cameras, laptops, iPads) large bins with glasses... But I also once left a Bose headset behind that was never found. In short: depends on who finds it.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by underattack
But I also once left a Bose headset behind that was never found. In short: depends on who finds it.
Truer words...

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I left another set of Bose headphones on a flight and never got those back. (Was on American though...I like to think Delta flyers are a nobler breed, but I'm probably just lucky I got my second pair back.)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: Continental Platinum Elite, Delta Platinum Elite, SPG Gold,Global Entry, Hertz #1 Club Gold
2 succes stories

I left my iPod on the seat (under the arm rest) connecting in DET or someplace, and realized it when I got to the lounge for my layover. I ran up to the concierge at the lounge, who called the gate agent, and they retrieved my phone. Got both their names and wrote letters of recommendation (this was before the reward program they have now).

Another time, I was really hung-over and running late for EWR-LAX flight. They ran my laptop carry on through twice (this was pre-9/11) and took the computer out to look at it, without me seeing this. The TSA agent handed me the laptop back and I ran to catch the flight, and didn't notice my laptop wasn't with me until after take off. Whoops. I called TSA the minute i landed and they had my laptop. Was easy to retrieve upon my return.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, DL Gold Medallion
Yes! I left my purse with credit cards, cash, etc. under the seat on a DL flt ATL to LAX. I didn't miss my purse until I needed my wallet to tip the driver....We searched the van with no luck...That is when I realized it must have been left on the plane. I decided to stay on the shuttle to return to the airport to file a claim with Lost & Found. While riding back to the airport I called my home phone to pick up messages and much to my amazement there was a message from DL stating they had my purse and telling me where I could claim it at LAX.
What a relief...So yes, there are success stories!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Thanks to a Sky Club agent at JFK I was able to retrieve an iPad I had left on a CDG-JFK flight. I had cleared customs and immigration and was waiting in the SC for my connecting flight when I realize I had left the iPad in or beside my seat. The SC agent tracked down the plane and gave the staff there instructions on where to look, based on where I thought I had left it. Someone located it and brought it to the SC.

I gave the agent a job-well-done coupon and sent an email to DL about the agent's helpfulness.

I subsequently bought a red cover for my iPad. I really had looked around the seat area before leaving the plane, but the black cover had made it blend into the seat and surroundings.

OP, I hope you're successful in recovering your lost item.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:28 pm

I found an iPad 2 in the gate area in JFK, and returned it to a fellow passenger on our flight to Rome. My husband left a coat in the overhead bin on a flight into San Diego and discovered it was missing after we reached the off-site car rental facility. He called the airport, was told to drive back to the baggage claim, where a very nice airport employee walked his coat out to our car (it had car keys in the pocket which would have been missed more than the coat).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.