Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new LGA Delta SkyClub - refurbishment complete (with pics)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

I was pleasantly surprised Monday to see the finished Delta Skyclub (post Security).
It has taken months to finish and I do like the fresh look of the finished product. Some of the back sections look a little clinical but I do love the Entrance, Reception and bar areas. I was at the club at 5 in the morning, so only 4 other people were there. It's a great improvement though I wish they had a toaster for the bagels.

I am going to enjoy this club much more now. My other favorite Delta Skyclub is the LAX club and the Agents who work there.

Entrance

New entrance

front section

4 people in the whole club at 5am

Side section

Front section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdw4hZ26ZP0

What are your thoughts on the new club?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Thanks for posting--great pics. Looks like the side section has power outlets on the floor between each seat?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by bmh3s
Thanks for posting--great pics. Looks like the side section has power outlets on the floor between each seat?
Looks like an abundance of outlets...glad to see Delta take this feedback into account!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mersk862
Looks like an abundance of outlets...glad to see Delta take this feedback into account!
Yes there is definitely an abundance of outlets on the floors for every seat from the front section to the side and a few in the back near the bar.
There is also a long work desk with outlets in the front open section and work tables on the side.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
I was there last friday, had half the club roped off, security guards inside with signs "Awaiting TSA Approval." Glad they opened the rest as was pretty crowded.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:49 pm

Nice pics, thanks for sharing! I'll be through there tomorrow and this will be a welcome sight compared to the previous construction mess.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
It almost makes me want to get a membership. Was there a cheese spread at 5:00 am?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
^^^ for the pics.

^^^ for power outlets.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I think it's ugly. But I think all the new clubs are ugly, so this fits right in.

Northwest truly had a great looking WorldClub concept. I wish Delta would make clubs look more like this...

(Not my blog, just a link)

Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by firstglobal
Nice pics, thanks for sharing! I'll be through there tomorrow and this will be a welcome sight compared to the previous construction mess.
Yeah...I'll be there this weekend and it's a nice to know it's complete!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by james318
I think it's ugly. But I think all the new clubs are ugly, so this fits right in.

Northwest truly had a great looking WorldClub concept. I wish Delta would make clubs look more like this...

It's "hip". That's the new look for everything nowadays. The old school CrownRooms looked better too in my opinion.

But please, don't let that stop former NW's from taking the opportunity to dump on DL
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by james318

Only took 10 posts.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by samonyc
It almost makes me want to get a membership. Was there a cheese spread at 5:00 am?
Before you do, have someone take a picture of the club at 5PM when it is exploding with people and nowhere to sit.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Of course this has to suck?

Seriously, looks like a nice improvement and most certainly looks like there are more places to sit than in the previous SC. Lots of outlets too. And plenty of flat panels. All in all, I would say a step up. No?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.