Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Economy Fare Class E on Advanced Booking Page

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG

This morning, as I was browsing about for flights, I went back to the Advanced Search page and found that the lowest economy fare class available on the page (according to the site) looks like it is no longer T, but instead, E.

ExpertFlyer doesn't seem to pull up any availability for the E fare in revenue bookings, but still pulls it up in the award availability section. The Delta Fare Class chart states that the E fare is for promotional travel and SkyBonus awards. Any idea why this might've popped up this morning, or is it another website hiccup?

Last edited by obnoxoid; Mar 16, 2011 at 3:56 am Reason: fixed image
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
E is a revenue class on the newly-aligned AF/KL fare chart. Probably related to that.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
uh oh. would it be earning less than (gasp!) 100% mqm?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
uh oh. would it be earning less than (gasp!) 100% mqm?
Since AF, KL and DL are aligning classes, there have been other concerns about earnings on some of the classes that are not currently listed at DL.com. There is supposed to be an announcement about all this "soon". (That's DL "soon", not regular English "soon", so we'll see.)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Nothing like an April 1 disheveling (sp?) of an FF program... right AF/KL?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Interesting. Wonder what this means.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:50 pm

I just checked and both AF and KL have E class only for intra-EU flights, and in the newly aligned table it's still only for intra-EU flights. So this is probably unrelated to the AF/KL/DL/KQ integration. Hick-up maybe?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I looked to use E class for a trip to Dallas next week and no inventory showed up, so still just more ????? keep coming up about it.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by florin
I just checked and both AF and KL have E class only for intra-EU flights, and in the newly aligned table it's still only for intra-EU flights. So this is probably unrelated to the AF/KL/DL/KQ integration. Hick-up maybe?
Is that an automatic upgrade for a hayseed from a hick fare?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by florin
But you can book intra-EU flights on AF/KL on DL.dumb. I've searched for some intra-EU flights that came up without DL codeshares but were bookable on DL.dumb. In fact, they booked into E class.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
But you can book intra-EU flights on AF/KL on DL.dumb. I've searched for some intra-EU flights that came up without DL codeshares but were bookable on DL.dumb. In fact, they booked into E class.
Right, but (1) the fare class filter never worked for other airlines and (2) not all AF/KL booking classes are there (at first glance V, N, R are missing). When DL.evil has so many issues with Delta bookings, I seriously doubt they would enhance partner bookings. In fact almost all DL.greedy changes are done if there is potential revenue (e.g. fees, buy-up fares); I have yet to see something done out of customer-friendliness.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:08 am

Hmm. Good point. Maybe the one guy working for DL IT (only part time, I believe) saw an E fare somewhere and decided to add it to the table.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta FO
"E" fare

Just noticed for the first time on delta.com a new fare code listed as "E".

On the search by fare code tool, it is listed one notch below "T"

Anybody know anything more about this fare? Eligible for mileage credit, upgrades?

[Apologize for not being careful with the search tool/go ahead and delete thread]

Last edited by reed2x; Mar 23, 2011 at 3:49 pm
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:47 pm

Let's get this merged into the two+ other threads we have on this subject. As best as anyone can tell, it's a consolidator fare. I think the only bookable E fares on DL.dumb are actually partner E fares (AF/KL have an E fare).
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Forthcoming AF/KL fare buckets:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...-earnings.html

E is one of the lowest fare Y buckets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.