Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Mile Pesos causes Delta a lost customer and cheer leader

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Mile Pesos causes Delta a lost customer and cheer leader

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Sky Mile Devaluation causes Delta a lost customer and cheer leader

Dear the Delta employee who has the courage to move this post up the Delta Corporate Food Chain:

Your constant sky mile devaluation not only has lost a customer but worse. I was the fool who bought your revenue tickets all year long just to collect sky miles. I was the customer who used the Delta Sky Miles Card. I was the customer who would use his Amex card and wait for a bonus transfer and transferred many many millions of Amex MR points to Sky Miles

You lost a customer who was responsible for getting your Amex Bonus point deals high visibility on Flyertalk and getting the latest bonus offer pinned to the top of Amex message board. You lost a Delta Sky Mile cheer leader who loved the fact you could just book online and get about anywhere easily and quick using sky miles.

But my recent attempt at PHX to TLV that came out at +370,000 miles per ticket broke my loyalty. It took fellow Flyertalk members to say shame on me and I had to agree. Not only did I get where I wanted to go for 50% less miles but I experienced a much better product on several airlines. You lost a revenue customer and a sky mile customer. But worse I will now advise my friends to stay away from your product and program.

You will get no letter from me but I will make it my goal to educate others and how your program has changed. Good luck I hope you make serious changes or go out of business. A Delta fool no more

Last edited by Centurion; Dec 29, 2010 at 10:17 am
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Well said. That's the only way to affect change is to vote with your feet. As long as people are willing to put up with Delta's outrageous devaluation of miles, they will have no reason to improve it.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Are you posting this here in the hope that a DL employee will see it and move it up the chain, but you don't want to write a letter directly to DL? I guess I'm a bit confused.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by vasantn
Are you posting this here in the hope that a DL employee will see it and move it up the chain, but you don't want to write a letter directly to DL? I guess I'm a bit confused.
Do both -- I'm sure they open their mail in addition to monitoring FT.

Congrats to the OP for being decisive.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vasantn
Yes a Delta employee would be wise to do so imho. I want to help "OUT" Delta on the constant Sky Miles devaluation year after year after year. I am not the first to complain on flyertalk. I did not come up with the term sky pesos, etc.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:14 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just make sure you keep the liability of your remaining miles on their books. They do monitor that and when it gets too high they do things like relent on the Plat change fees.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes a Delta employee would be wise to do so imho. I want to help "OUT" Delta on the constant Sky Miles devaluation year after year after year. I am not the first to complain on flyertalk. I did not come up with the term sky pesos, etc.
Yes, but (1) this is hardly news and (2) it seems like an awfully indirect way to achieve your objective. I say this even though I am in complete sympathy with your views.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:29 am

I bailed on Delta few years ago for a lot of the same reasons.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Dear the Delta employee who has the courage to move this post up the Delta Corporate Food Chain:

Your constant sky mile devaluation not only has lost a customer but worse. I was the fool who bought your revenue tickets all year long just to collect sky miles. I was the customer who used the Delta Sky Miles Card. I was the customer who would use his Amex card and wait for a bonus transfer and transferred many many millions of Amex MR points to Sky Miles

You lost a customer who was responsible for getting your Amex Bonus point deals high visibility on Flyertalk and getting the latest bonus offer pinned to the top of Amex message board. You lost a Delta Sky Mile cheer leader who loved the fact you could just book online and get about anywhere easily and quick using sky miles.

But my recent attempt at PHX to TLV that came out at +370,000 miles per ticket broke my loyalty. It took fellow Flyertalk members to say shame on me and I had to agree. Not only did I get where I wanted to go for 50% less miles but I experienced a much better product on several airlines. You lost a revenue customer and a sky mile customer. But worse I will now advise my friends to stay away from your product and program.

You will get no letter from me but I will make it my goal to educate others and how your program has changed. Good luck I hope you make serious changes or go out of business. A Delta fool no more
Passive aggressive much?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
No one forced you to spend 370,000 miles on that ticket. Maybe there just weren't any low tickets available on that day? Delta has merged two LARGE programs together and expanded their partners, reduced their fleet and number of flights per day and skymiles are pretty easy to come by, of course tickets should be harder to find.

I am sure you will see the same on UA/CO once they merge their systems. Grass isn't always greener! All programs have problems. Someone leaves, another one comes for the first time...Its all the same!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I was the fool who bought your revenue tickets all year long just to collect sky miles.
[emphasis mine]

Well put.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
No one forced you to spend 370,000 miles on that ticket. Maybe there just weren't any low tickets available on that day? Delta has merged two LARGE programs together and expanded their partners, reduced their fleet and number of flights per day and skymiles are pretty easy to come by, of course tickets should be harder to find.

I am sure you will see the same on UA/CO once they merge their systems. Grass isn't always greener! All programs have problems. Someone leaves, another one comes for the first time...Its all the same!
Sorry, but it's not. It has been shown to be more difficult to find low award bookings on DL compared to most other major airlines, and my apocryphal experience backs that up. The online booking engine is pretty broken, which adds even more difficulty. Other aspects of DL's FF program are better than other carriers, but award redemption is important, to me at least.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I feel the same as the OP. I have been disgusted by DL for the past year or two.
I find DL to be a greedy, out-of-touch with reality company that's on a downhill spiral. I am baffled by their non-customer friendly moves, such as the International Origination Surcharge, obscenely high med/high levels, and an award search tool that was probably put together with a Commodore 64.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I feel the same as the OP. I have been disgusted by DL for the past year or two.
I find DL to be a greedy, out-of-touch with reality company that's on a downhill spiral. I am baffled by their non-customer friendly moves, such as the International Origination Surcharge, obscenely high med/high levels, and an award search tool that was probably put together with a Commodore 64.
Commodore 16.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Commodore 16.
Have they upgraded the IT HW lately? Thought they were still using Ataris and Colecos....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.