Search

Upgrade Chances: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:25 am

ax package

delete
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by JohnRico
Did any other PMs or DMs fail to get their e-mail notifications for upgrades for flights on 7/3? Got both segments upgraded but no mail arrived at either address that they normally come to.
I didn't get the upgrade, so also didn't get the email. However I did get an email today telling me to prepare for my JFK trip.

I have no JFK trips currently planned.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm absolutely certain this is the reason. My sources tell me that #3, #2, & #1 on the list had 161K, 162K, & 163K MQMs respectively.

Hehe, nice.

Happy to say that I SDCed to an earlier flight and was #1 of 67(for real?). Got the bump up but the flight is delayed more than an hour already. I guess NYC is having some nasty weather. I, on the other hand, am having a tasty beer.

P.S. Just saw the white Porsche pull back in its parking spot. Must have just dropped someone off. Has anyone had the pleasure yet? If so, how close was your connection time to trigger the ride?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I get emails telling me to upgrade to EC, even if I'm in F, or I'm in Y and already picked EC seats.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by JohnRico
Did any other PMs or DMs fail to get their e-mail notifications for upgrades for flights on 7/3? Got both segments upgraded but no mail arrived at either address that they normally come to.
Yes. I am upgraded for MSP-SEA on 7/3 but did not get an email. On two previous flights (MSP-BOS-MSP) in the last week or so I was upgraded at the window (not a sure bet on that route) for both flights and did get the emails.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Chances for GM on M fare ATL->SFO 7/4 9:55a ?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I get emails telling me to upgrade to EC, even if I'm in F
Wouldn't'cha rather change your seat to EC, rather than sit with all those snooty F pax???

Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:11 pm

Wouldn't'cha rather change your seat to EC, rather than sit with all those snooty F pax???

Haha, maybe. My next trip in F is on a 319, and from the little information I've been able to dig up on FT (at least, current info after the F reduction/EC refit), the reviews are, quite literally, very mixed. It was only a little bit more to up to a G fare RT, so I figured why not. At least the return leg is on a 75U.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mersk862
Upgrades at the window (3 day for GM) clear first based on status (PM at 5 day, GM at 3 day, FO at 1 day), then by fare within the window. At 3 days out, a GM on a H fare beats a GM on a T fare.

However, if the upgrade doesn't clear at the window (and thus becomes battlefield), it becomes when the upgrade request at the airport is done (normally, this is at check-in at the airport of your first flight, or at the gate). A GM on a T fare that requests to be on the upgrade standby list will beat any other GM, unless the GM is on a full-fare ticket (not sure if it's just Y, or Y/B/M; either case, any full-fare Medallion jumps to the front of the queue).
I found this (I realize it is a few years old), but I think the information is still accurate. After the next window opens is the upgrade list prioritized by fare class over status? For instance will GM on a B fare trump a PM on X or will they still clear by status first?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
Haha, maybe. My next trip in F is on a 319, and from the little information I've been able to dig up on FT (at least, current info after the F reduction/EC refit), the reviews are, quite literally, very mixed. It was only a little bit more to up to a G fare RT, so I figured why not. At least the return leg is on a 75U.
I both love and hate the box that says you can upgrade your trip to first class for only $__. It is often quite tempting. As far as the a 319 fc goes I haven't tried EC but find the f seats to be nice with the only complaint being there is no inflight entertainment on the a319s.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by zgscl
I both love and hate the box that says you can upgrade your trip to first class for only $__. It is often quite tempting. As far as the a 319 fc goes I haven't tried EC but find the f seats to be nice with the only complaint being there is no inflight entertainment on the a319s.
Long story short, my family is flying me down to visit. Since I have to meet my parents at a particular time at LAS (they're also flying in on the same day, and since they live about 1.5 hours away, we're all just going to drive home together), I only had one flight option; and since the trip is only a few weeks away (i.e. the seatmap is already pretty full) the cheapest Y fares weren't available, and a G fare was only a little bit more, so I added a little extra money on top of the pile. If nothing else, at least it'll get me SP so I can get off the plane a little faster and (hopefully) get my bags a little sooner, so they don't have to wait up for me. This will be my first DL Airbus. But I wish it was the CR9; I sure do love to sit in 4A.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by zgscl
I found this (I realize it is a few years old), but I think the information is still accurate. After the next window opens is the upgrade list prioritized by fare class over status? For instance will GM on a B fare trump a PM on X or will they still clear by status first?

Thanks
I read the post that you quoted, and I'm not sure what how you're interpreting it, or perhaps reading something between the lines. . .

Status always trumps fare class, with the few exceptions of full Y fares, SWU wait list, and maybe something else that I can't think of after a long day!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:01 am

I read the post that you quoted, and I'm not sure what how you're interpreting it, or perhaps reading something between the lines. . .

Status always trumps fare class, with the few exceptions of full Y fares, SWU wait list, and maybe something else that I can't think of after a long day!
That was what I thought but read something on a non DL site that I interpreted wrong. I think what they meant was that higher fare class puts you ahead of those in your status group. Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
I have gotten an upgrade on this quite a few times as a pm on a sLUT fare. I've been lucky though where every flight before was RU0 and mine RU9 so I cleared at the window.
I hit it as a Silver on a T fare once but I think it being a Friday afternoon (4 PM) 757 helped.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to figure out how this upgrade went sour. Full details in a long post here (warning: shameless blog plug): http://www.weekendblitz.com/damnit-d...ying-screw-me/

The TL;DR Version: Had 2 people booked on one reservation, 1 Silver and 1 non-elite. The Silver gets an upgrade but the non-elite gets nothing. I was under the impression that when 2 people are on the same reservation that you either both get it or no one gets it. Thoughts?

In looking at the upgrade list at the time I was 1 of 1 with 8+ seats available:

Was this normal or a Delta glitch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.