Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, DL Reserve, Turkish Airlines Classic, HHonors Gold, Silver Marriott, Emerald Exec
Delta Reserve Benefits

Anyone knows the in-airport benefits of Delta Reserve?

I was trying to get thru the breezeway in O'Hare. however the lady at the counter said he had never heard of Delta Reserve and that wasn't allowed boarding early.

I also have to clear that O'hare Delta check in kiosks did not print my boarding pass with my number and had to be keyed in manually. But then their ticketing printer crashed so they couldn't print a brand new one.

I'm thinking for paying 450 dollars, you should at least get priority boarding!!

Anyone had similar experience?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:31 pm

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/cred...d_partners.php
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, DL Reserve, Turkish Airlines Classic, HHonors Gold, Silver Marriott, Emerald Exec
Did you have a chance to take a look at it? That's my point, it doesn't list anything about priority boarding.

Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, jetBlue, Honors Diamond
That's because priority boarding is not a Delta Reserve Amex benefit. From what I understand the only in-airport benefit is access to SkyClubs.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:51 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by xsailor
Did you have a chance to take a look at it? That's my point, it doesn't list anything about priority boarding.
LOL. Maybe that was his point.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Your not paying for priority boarding, you are paying for

1. Skyclub entrance
2. one Free companion FC ticket
3. MQM's
4. (somewhat) priority in fare class for upgrades

Of course #1 does me no good as Diamond but I feel the card is worth it for the other 3 for now.

I would like a No SkyClub option for say 250 annual fee?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, HH Gold

I'm thinking for paying 450 dollars, you should at least get priority boarding!!

?
If you charge over $60,000 per year to the Delta Reserve card you will be awarded 30K MQM, which will give you silver medallion status. After you reach silver medallion you can board early.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Don't think so. Let's not be smartasses.

Originally Posted by fti
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:06 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Reserve

Yeah ... no Priority Boarding -- just the MQMs (if you can ever get them to give them to you!!), SkyClub and the highest priority upgrade status within your Elite Status and Fare Class
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by fti
It was.

The link was meant to provide an overview of the benefits for the Reserve card.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:42 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWA IS
It was.

The link was meant to provide an overview of the benefits for the Reserve card.
LOL. I guess he really didn't want the real answer, just what he wanted to hear
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Well duh. That's why u ask questions. To get straight answers....
Not links.

Originally Posted by fti
LOL. I guess he really didn't want the real answer, just what he wanted to hear
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - Platinum Medallion, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*
Unofficially, you DO get priority boarding (or so I think).

A coworker and I were still General Members... meaning usually Zone 4 boarding. We both applied for the card roughly the same time and started having Zone 2 boarding on a weekly basis. He cancelled his card and when it was removed from his account, he went back to Zone 4. We're both FO now so it doesn't matter to us or most people, but if you don't have medallion status it could help you.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:13 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well duh. That's why u ask questions. To get straight answers....
Not links.
With all due respect, I *prefer* links. Why? Because it *IS* the straight answer. Anyone can post anything they want here. It is an anonymous public forum. No way to verify what was posted or even who posted it. The post above me contradicted what was stated in the link. Which would I believe? The link, especially when it comes right from the horse's mouth.

I can just see someone trying to get priority boarding, showing their Reserve card and saying, "My 100 closest anonymous friends on Flyer Talk told me the Reserve card makes me eligible for priority boarding."
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
I can speak from experience.

Last year, I had 2 flights prior to hitting FO, but after getting the DL Reserve card.

The first flight was purchased with the DL gold card, and while my account listed "reserve" on the website, I did not have Breezeway on my BP.

The second trip was purchased with the DL Reserve card, and flown while I was still non-medallion, but I had Breezeway on my BP.

I had an agent research it for me. The answer I got was that it is an unofficial benefit of the card, but the ticket has to be purchased with that card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.