Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Nutella in Skkclub with Nothing to Put it On - What are They Thinking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:46 am
Original Poster

It has been documented elsewhere that the cheese and crackers, i.e., real food, has been removed from the converted Skyclubs.

I see that they now have Nutella, but nothing to spread it on. Do they think that we're supposed to just eat it out of the package? In my experience Nutella is always served with bread.

What are they thinking? Or am I giving them too much credit to suggest that they are thinking at all?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
It has been documented elsewhere that the cheese and crackers, i.e., real food, has been removed from the converted Skyclubs.

I see that they now have Nutella, but nothing to spread it on. Do they think that we're supposed to just eat it out of the package? In my experience Nutella is always served with bread.

What are they thinking? Or am I giving them too much credit to suggest that they are thinking at all?
First of all, Nutella is so good, you can eat it out of the package!! Hah hah. Kidding. (But it is delicious.)

Don't they have the Biscoff Cookies? I believe they expect you to put it on those.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Do they think that we're supposed to just eat it out of the package?
After breakfast is put away, even this proves difficult, as the yogurt spoons are frequently removed. I usual put it on the Bischoff and use the cookie itself to apply the Nutella.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
What are they thinking?

"How long will it take for someone to post about this in FlyerTalk?"
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum
The nutella is great on pretzels, which are almost always available during the day at many SkyClubs.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
All you need for Nutella is a finger. Or a spoon if you must insist on being civilized.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:04 am

I honestly feel bad for people who buy SkyClub memberships. The spread has gotten so bad I've started to wonder if member funds essentially pay for the whole thing. (i.e. that Membership fees also pay for BE and FFP use of the club.)
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Perhaps putting Nutella on a sweet sugary cookie is some sort of Southern Sweet Tooth thing that they do in Atlanta, but it is certainly isn't something I've ever heard of or seen, and certainly not shown as an option on the American or Italian Nutella website (pictures show putting it on bread):

http://www.nutellausa.com/

http://www.nutella.it/

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
First of all, Nutella is so good, you can eat it out of the package!! Hah hah. Kidding. (But it is delicious.)

Don't they have the Biscoff Cookies? I believe they expect you to put it on those.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'd love to see what they're paying for the junk that's now in the clubs compared to what NW had in the clubs prior to the merger. Undoubtedly less, but so much less that it's worth losing members over? I guess you have to factor into the equation the fact that if they make the food bad enough then fewer people will eat it, even further reducing the expense.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by justforfun
All you need for Nutella is a finger.
I am so tempted to reply to this post and would if it were in the Delta Forum Lounge Thread.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Stripe
I'd love to see what they're paying for the junk that's now in the clubs compared to what NW had in the clubs prior to the merger. Undoubtedly less, but so much less that it's worth losing members over? I guess you have to factor into the equation the fact that if they make the food bad enough then fewer people will eat it, even further reducing the expense.
What's to say that DL is actually paying for the Nutella? I wouldn't be surprised if Nutella is paying DL for the priviledge of promoting their product at the SC.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Just curious, do people really pay for lounge membership for the food? While NW had other items (cookies, carrots, cheeses, etc), it wasnt like that spread was extensive or revoltionary. My membership is for the comfortable place to sit, access to agents, internet access and free beverages (both alcoholic and non). Have we forgotten these are lounges and not restaurants?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:27 am

Perhaps putting Nutella on a sweet sugary cookie is some sort of Southern Sweet Tooth thing that they do in Atlanta, but it is certainly isn't something I've ever heard of or seen, and certainly not shown as an option on the American or Italian Nutella website (pictures show putting it on bread):

http://www.nutellausa.com/

http://www.nutella.it/
I don't know if that's what they expect you to do, but for lack of anything else to try it on, I did try it on biscoffs recently and......it is actually pretty good.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I'm confused. Are you saying we're supposed to eat the Nutella in the Skyclub? I always thought the reason it is there was so that we could fill our pockets or rollerboards with the stuff, and take it home to the delight of the wife and kids ...

^
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: AA - PP
You must have missed the BYOB sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.