Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Amex Double Miles Not Posting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
DL Amex Double Miles Not Posting

Anyone else having these issues? I've had three flights post since Oct 1, none of them have included the Amex double miles. One flight posted on NWA.com (WP account) after the first integration sweep, the other two posted on DL.com (but under the WP number).
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
I am noticing the same thing on my account. The AMEX was linked to my WP account, and when they merged them this week, I bet that AMEX still thinks we will be still earning miles under the WP account number instead of the new SM number. I went back thru old emails looking to try and register the SM number with my AMEX number, but that window closed on Sept 30.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:12 pm

I want to make sure that we're talking about the promotion for double miles flown for DL Amex cardholders who registered for it, rather than the standard 2 miles per $ for DL purchases. I can't find when they said they'd post: my trip was Sept. 1-8, booked on DL and banked with them but on NW metal. The outbound base miles didn't post until I sent an inquiry.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yes promotion for double miles til end of year, not the regular 2 miles per $$ spend on DL Amex.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:21 pm

Not sure what DL is going to do...are we to assume that at some point they will transfer over our Promotions Status from WorldPerks? I logged on nwa.com under my SkyMiles # and it shows I'm registered for zero promotions. I logged back on nwa.com under my WorldPerks # and all of my registered promotions are listed including Double Miles through Oct 7.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I registered for the DL double miles promo first, then the NW one. On my last trip mid-September, the first two segments (NW metal) posted in my WP account with double bonus (probably because I first registered my WP number to get good seats on those two, then switched to my SM number), and the rest (DL metal) posted in my SM account, with double bonus also.

Now, though, instead of a description as Delta Amex bonus, which I'm pretty sure was there on the SM account before the merge, it now states, "Non Air Activity Bonus: DL Data Migration Bonus promotion" for the bonus miles.

My return flight for my latest trip (10/5) posted in my SM account without the double bonus miles, although the outbound (10/1-2), which posted after the merge, posted into my WP account with the bonus miles. They're sitting there all alone in my WP account.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm out some bonus miles at present. I also didn't make Gold because the timing of the merge caused the above-mentioned orphaning, so I only received a 25% elite bonus for the return.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I registered for the DL double miles promo first, then the NW one. On my last trip mid-September, the first two segments (NW metal) posted in my WP account with double bonus (probably because I first registered my WP number to get good seats on those two, then switched to my SM number), and the rest (DL metal) posted in my SM account, with double bonus also.

Now, though, instead of a description as Delta Amex bonus, which I'm pretty sure was there on the SM account before the merge, it now states, "Non Air Activity Bonus: DL Data Migration Bonus promotion" for the bonus miles.

My return flight for my latest trip (10/5) posted in my SM account without the double bonus miles, although the outbound (10/1-2), which posted after the merge, posted into my WP account with the bonus miles. They're sitting there all alone in my WP account.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm out some bonus miles at present. I also didn't make Gold because the timing of the merge caused the above-mentioned orphaning, so I only received a 25% elite bonus for the return.
I think that DL data thing might just be a generic for something lost in translation. My 9M UP TO TRPL changed to that last week, too.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:52 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
All of mine have been posting all along until Oct 1. I had a flight on Oct 2 and it still hasn't posted the Amex Double miles thing. I guess it's a new system thing.

I'm a original DL member with my right number on my card so it has nothing to do with any of that.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
My flight out on 9/28 on DL posted fine on WP account, but the return on 10/3 has posted in the merged SM account without the AMEX double. I'll give it a week and see what transpires I guess.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Is anyone else having trouble with ANY miles posting? Yesterday I flew 2 segments and nothing has posted; first time I can recall this happening.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
All my previously banked miles transferred to SM on Oct2. I just signed up for the promo on Sept 29 and all my retro credit just posted (Oct 6th) to the WP account. My flight on Oct 1 posted to the WP account and i flew yesterday, so we'll see where it posts.

the annoying things is that i want to book an award seat right now because of availability but the DL and NW people both said I'm essentially SOL because the 50k miles i have in my WP account right now is essentially in purgatory.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Is anyone else having trouble with ANY miles posting? Yesterday I flew 2 segments and nothing has posted; first time I can recall this happening.
Yes. I flew on Sunday and miles did not post until this morning. So, take the day you fly, add 24 hours, and there you go. So Monday flights should post on Wed. morning.

Interesting enough, my status changed from regular SM to FO overnight as well (not like the usual Friday change). However, I have FO status, but cannot get any upgrade requests or elite seating to accept. Spoke to SMS and they are looking into it.

Also my double AMEX member miles are not posting as well. Pre-Oct was good. Post Oct not so good. Guessing it will all be worked out in due time.

Definitely having big problems tech wise with the merger of the programs.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
I'm running into the same problem.

All 3 flights I took on 9/16 posted to my WP account, no problem, I got the double AMEX miles.

Of my 3 flights on the return on 10/4, they all were credited to my WP account number. The integration took place around the same time. The first flight on 10/4, SYD-LAX posted on my WP account and shows there, with the proper double AMEX accounts. This flight made me Gold, my NW account shows I'm gold. The Delta account showed me as Silver yesterday, and now it shows me today with no status.

My two connecting flights after that, 10/4 LAX-DTW posted under my new Skymiles account, and I didn't get the double AMEX miles. It also gave me the Silver bonus instead of Gold.

My 10/4 DTW-SYR hasn't posted yet, but I assume it'll post like the LAX-DTW with no double amex and the 25% Silver instead of 100% Gold.

I'll wait a few days for them to see if it sorts out and gets fixed before contacting them.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Same to me.
I flew Oct 1 and Oct 4/5
My Oct 1 was posted with amex bonus on my NW account (so i have some orphan miles there, but i am sure it will be merged later).
my Oct 4/5 flights hasnt all posted yet, but two segments have been shown without the amex bonus (but with elite bonus).

should i just register for the DL amex bonus or just wait?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:08 pm

Is there a place on the DL site that should say that I'm registered? I'm sure I registered with them. I had different e-mail addresses for NW and DL; the only message with terms I've found is from NW, saying allow 4-6 weeks for bonus miles to post. Will DL accept an inquiry about this for a trip Sept. 1-8?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.