Wiki Posts
Search

first class perks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta
Smile first class perks

I am a infrequent flyer, but was able to get enough skymiles for first class seats for my family from CAE to JAC. On the way home we have a several hour layover in ATL, and I was wondering if first class seating got you into the crown rooms or is there any other perks I should know about. Like I said I am a infrequent (1-2 flights every 5 yrs) flyer, so I do not want to foot a membership, just looking for something to kill the time.
Thanks
whanna
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I'm afraid F domestic tickets do not get you CRC access.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by whanna
I do not want to foot a membership
If your layover is long enough, you might want to consider a one-visit pass. At $25 it's cheaper than a full-year membership.

Originally Posted by BearX220
I'm afraid F domestic tickets do not get you CRC access.
For the routing in question, that's correct. As discussed here, F seats on certain domestic transcon routings do entitle one to CRC access.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Smile mdusry

You can buy a pass for a Crown Room visit for $25, well worth it if you have a significant layover. If there should be any glitches with your flights, you'll get them resolved much faster in the Club than at a Delta Service Center on the concourse.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Originally Posted by mdusry
You can buy a pass for a Crown Room visit for $25, well worth it if you have a significant layover. If there should be any glitches with your flights, you'll get them resolved much faster in the Club than at a Delta Service Center on the concourse.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replys, I think for five hours in ATL I will check out the day pass. Since I do not fly often, any other perks (on or off) the plane I should look for?
whanna
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
If you have an American Express Platinum card (personal), it too will get you into the CR.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
NWA WorldClub 60-day Temporary Membership

Since you mention you are travelling with family I would reccomend that you get a temporary WorldClub membership. More details here:

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...empmember.html
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
One thing to be sure and look for are the "First Class/Elite" security lanes. Ask the ticket counter staff where these lines are at.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by jimrpa
One thing to be sure and look for are the "First Class/Elite" security lanes. Ask the ticket counter staff where these lines are at.
That might be the very best perk of all ^
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avflyer
If you have an American Express Platinum card (personal), it too will get you into the CR.
I have the AM/EX skymiles platinum card, does that count?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AMEX Centurion, SkyClub
Originally Posted by avflyer
You know that always bugged me...I have the Delta Platinum Card (Personal) and Black (Business)...with such an entrentched relationship (AMEX/Delta) you'd think access would be granted to CRC's with the Delta branded Platinum card.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by bradfordm
You know that always bugged me...I have the Delta Platinum Card (Personal) and Black (Business)...with such an entrentched relationship (AMEX/Delta) you'd think access would be granted to CRC's with the Delta branded Platinum card.
I have to bet that Amex makes Delta do this because what other real value does the Platinum AMEX really offer?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by bradfordm
Well, you certainly aren't paying $399 per year for a Delta-branded card like you would with the Amex Plat.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AMEX Centurion, SkyClub
Concidentally I have not yet had the $399 billed this year. That usually posts by February --- I did get my unusable upgrade certificate though. That came in late February.

I'd cancel it but it's my only personal card, for emergency purposes and all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.