Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

When is Delta going to add the upgrade list to their online system?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is Delta going to add the upgrade list to their online system?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
You won't see people on the upgrade list that haven't checked in yet. From the time you checked the list to the time you got to the airport it is possible that PMs and GMs (on a higher fare class) checked-in and got moved up the list.
+1
This is exactly what I was told was the reason I had moved down 3 positions from the time I checked in (about 2 hours before the flight) and arriving at the gate (about 45 minuets beforehand). So I never pay too much attention to the list when I check in on line.
Old May 30, 2009, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by MM/PM widget
+1
This is exactly what I was told was the reason I had moved down 3 positions from the time I checked in (about 2 hours before the flight) and arriving at the gate (about 45 minuets beforehand). So I never pay too much attention to the list when I check in on line.
The on line list is basically useless as it is based on people who have checked in and not people who have requested the upgrade. People with higher status or higher fares can check in at the airport 31 minutes before departure time and get to the front of the list.
The only value of list is if you are far down with limited seats available you know you will not get an upgrade.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
Useless.

Originally Posted by zman
The on line list is basically useless as it is based on people who have checked in and not people who have requested the upgrade. People with higher status or higher fares can check in at the airport 31 minutes before departure time and get to the front of the list.
The only value of list is if you are far down with limited seats available you know you will not get an upgrade.
I was wondering how I could possibly be #1 of 1 on the upgrade list for a prime-time flight through ATL tomorrow. I almost started to think I had a chance! When I get to the gate, I doubt I'll be in the top couple of dozen.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AA
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
You won't see people on the upgrade list that haven't checked in yet. From the time you checked the list to the time you got to the airport it is possible that PMs and GMs (on a higher fare class) checked-in and got moved up the list.
Alrighty then. Thanks for clearing that up.

As it worked out I had a seat back video in Coach. On my return (also on a 757) I did get the upgrade but the audio on my video didn't work at all. Fortunately the gambling was better than my flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.