Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:42 pm

Anyone else thinks Detla's new chart looks busy and makes you lose track? I created spreadsheets with roundtrip pricing (vs one-way on delta.com) which I think are clearer and more reader friendly:
They are posted on my flickr account:

Premium/Business Chart

Coach/Economy Chart

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Angeleno228; Oct 7, 2008 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by arkangel
Well, not exactly my experience. The layout/display is nice, but more than once when I clicked on low for both out and inbound flights for a TATL J itinerary I got 150,000 miles as the lowest available instead of 100,000. Grrr!
Same old same old!
I have been finding the exact same thing! The whole process of award tickets has been giving me a headache.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
It is a total freakshow. Obviously, no one at DL did any testing of this before they rolled it out - it simply does not work. Time and time again, I am shown Medium one way and Low the other (or whatever) yet there are no flights open that add up to the correct mileage shown on step one. It is dreadful.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by bomaab
I love it.... good job on show low/med/high versus the previous way! All searches for me (I did a few random ones) showed availability at the levels shown on the calendar too!!!

Great job Delta!!
Congratulations on being the first one to express this sentiment!
Old Oct 7, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
Yes I find it to be dreadful as well. I mean it would be great if it worked. But I often will click the "low" levels only to find my dfw-ath BE flight will cost me 200k miles instead of 100k miles or my dfw-dxb BE will cost me 230k instead of 120k miles.

It's like spinning the wheel of delta fortune (or should I say misfortune) when you click those dang low level awards on the calendar. Never know what you will get. Oh and then there was a mid level from dfw to dxb that was 460k, umm EXCUSE ME!?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 2:56 pm

well sorry for hurting people's sentiments... I was 1) excited to see low/medium/high versus skysaver and skychoice... 2) I did one actual booking and frankly i was wondering if they made more changes and everytime i checked on a few searches - it was right.. apparently that is still broken based on other people's responses... .....
Old Oct 7, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL HH
Is there a specific bucket that each level picks out of or any backend access to it? Do we know anything about inventory or is it just a yea/nay?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
1. I can't believe someone actually likes the Calendar. I think it's still a disaster.
2. MOD, can you merge this with the other New Award Calendar thread?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 6:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Lucky me.........

I was successful BE PBI/LHR at the low rate 100,000 - I like the new on-line calender.

I had no problem 'forwarding' held itineraries until reutrn date came into inventory - I did this over a period of 5 days,

I was on top of the actual 331 day prior dates - (at midnight) perhaps that is why I was able to get the lowest rate.

If I look now - both ways are not available for the lowest rate - but I suppose DL does not release many seats at the lowest level at once.

Just miffed at the very high fees charged. - Cost 100,000 mi. plus $286. per ticket.

Just my experience.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
Thanks for making the tables..I saved them for future reference.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 8:16 pm

What I dont get is - since I have moved around and hance travelled more airlines than I care for.. i cant see one airline that has a better approach and availability for award calendar.. yes its clearly flawed in indicating the mileage levels - which is due to a faulty algorithm and they are taking toooo long to rectify that- but the monthly view of calendar with low/mid/high is clearly the best award booking calendar there is for any comparable airline websites.....
Old Oct 8, 2008, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by bomaab
What I dont get is - since I have moved around and hance travelled more airlines than I care for.. i cant see one airline that has a better approach and availability for award calendar.. yes its clearly flawed in indicating the mileage levels - which is due to a faulty algorithm and they are taking toooo long to rectify that- but the monthly view of calendar with low/mid/high is clearly the best award booking calendar there is for any comparable airline websites.....
Wow! Can you give some specific examples? I'd sure like to believe this since Delta is taking over my primary airline, but so I can't find any case where it is easier and cheaper to book an award on Delta than other airlines.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta PM/3MM/FC Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ReneeMoss
I was successful BE PBI/LHR at the low rate 100,000 - I like the new on-line calender.

I had no problem 'forwarding' held itineraries until reutrn date came into inventory - I did this over a period of 5 days,

I was on top of the actual 331 day prior dates - (at midnight) perhaps that is why I was able to get the lowest rate.

If I look now - both ways are not available for the lowest rate - but I suppose DL does not release many seats at the lowest level at once.

Just miffed at the very high fees charged. - Cost 100,000 mi. plus $286. per ticket.

Just my experience.
Glad to hear that you had success here. Can you please elaborate on how you "forwarded" your held outbound itinerary until your return date was available at the 331 day window? I do not know how this works.

Thanks much!!

AG
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
Angry

Here is a another issue I have with this new system. If you try to book an international award with a domestic leg , you can mix (low, med, high) so they can be different going and comming back.

But, when you have low availability on the international segment in BE and the domestic segment has low in F (Flight choice 1), and a medium in Y (Flight choice 2), Choice 1 prices out to 50K while choice 2 goes up to 90K.
This means they consider domestic Y-Med to be higher than F-low.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
Hi everyone.

As you know, we’re in the process of implementing our new three-tiered SkyMiles Award redemption structure. We’re in the soft-launch phase, which includes making the necessary technology updates at delta.com.

As you also know, we’ve experienced a few glitches along the way. With new technology, it often takes time to ensure things are up and running exactly as they should be. Know that we value your business. We’re working quickly to resolve the issues we’ve encountered; and we’re listening to all of the feedback you’re sharing with us along the way.

We want you to know that with the new Award structure you’ll find you have more flexibility and more options when you’re redeeming miles for Award travel. And, with last-seat Award availability, any unsold seat on the plane is yours.

We’re making a change that I truly believe will benefit you, our most valued customers, and I thank you for your patience as well roll out the new program. As always, I appreciate your feedback. We’re listening.

Jeff

And....
Two weeks later and not one apparent change (or correction) has been made. Come on now...

You have announced lie-flat seats on LHR flights as "Elite fliers demand it". What about flyers cashing in their miles on-line.....by definition, most of us are elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.