Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 2:44 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
In addition I still can't see the individual activity in my SM acct. Its been like that for a week. Always says theres been no activity in the last 12 months. Not quite true Are they working on fixing that too?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 3:41 pm
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Searched for 2 seats IAD-SIN in bus/1st from Aug. 1-13 w/ flexible dates and found some dates that appear available, including Aug. 3 outbound & Aug. 11 return at the "low" amount of miles, but when you try to click through it says it's not available. Happens every single time, and I have tried repeatedly for days now.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm so dissapointed with DL. I'm hanging my gloves this year, ditching DL/NW and sticking with AA. So much easier to redeem awards with them at least in my experience.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jpdx
90% of DL's customers have probably given up on finding seats at the advertised mileage price (25k for domestic Y, 90/100k for US-EUC C, etc.), but have resigned themselves to paying whatever "the system" tells them. The remaining 10%, who are willing do the legwork and find available seats (often on partners) should at least have to pay the phone booking fee for the privilege of obtaining awards at the "saver" levels.
Where did you get these stats? I'd guess that they are far from accurate, but I'm just guessing. Do you have a basis for citing the ratio you did, or are you guessing too?

Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
I'm so dissapointed with DL. I'm hanging my gloves this year, ditching DL/NW and sticking with AA. So much easier to redeem awards with them at least in my experience.
I'm not abandoning DL, as I've been able to redeem tolerably and purchase just fine, but I'm completely with you that AA's redemption calendar kicks .... It has some shortcomings (multi-city, etc.) but its accuracy and layout and ease of use are the best in the industry. Availability is superb as well.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 8:00 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
Hi everyone.

As you know, we’re in the process of implementing our new three-tiered SkyMiles Award redemption structure. We’re in the soft-launch phase, which includes making the necessary technology updates at delta.com.

As you also know, we’ve experienced a few glitches along the way. With new technology, it often takes time to ensure things are up and running exactly as they should be. Know that we value your business. We’re working quickly to resolve the issues we’ve encountered; and we’re listening to all of the feedback you’re sharing with us along the way.

We want you to know that with the new Award structure you’ll find you have more flexibility and more options when you’re redeeming miles for Award travel. And, with last-seat Award availability, any unsold seat on the plane is yours.

We’re making a change that I truly believe will benefit you, our most valued customers, and I thank you for your patience as well roll out the new program. As always, I appreciate your feedback. We’re listening.

Jeff
Also just another FYI - I wouldn't run around telling people that's a soft launch. If so you guys have your own definition of the term soft launch. When you soft launch a product you put it in a different location for a limited subset of users to test and try out before the hard launch occurs. Replacing your existing interface with this is NOT a soft launch.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by lls138
wow....jeff? you actually hear? But do you listen?
Of course he doesn't. He tells us what the propaganda machine puts out, but none of it is even remotely true. "in our best interests"? my @ss.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
C'mon Jeff, "man up" and admit you had a problem with the web site launch. People will respect you, at least relatively speaking. Oh, and I had tech support email me about my difficulties based on my posts on this forum. At least I know somebody's paying attention.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 8:25 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Whenever I find dates that say "low" redemption is available, clicking through results in this message: "There are no flights available for the day requested. Click Start Over to try another day or to search for different cities." So I keep starting over and repeating the loop, to no avail.

Also, yesterday there was some low & medium availability from IAD-JNB for August 2009, but today every single day in August says "high". Not that it matters, because no matter which day you try to redeem for, it insists on the next screen, "There are no flights available for the day requested. Click Start Over to try another day or to search for different cities." And that's if you're lucky enough to even get to the calendar showing dates available -- half the time I just get an error screen.

I now believe it is impossible to redeem our 310,000 Delta miles online for any flights anywhere on any day at any amount of miles, having tried for flights to Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
that's the ultimate devaluation isn't it....
Old Oct 1, 2008, 8:34 am
lmk

Ooh, a new and different error message! How exciting.

"Let´s Try That Again
We´re having some trouble completing your request right now. Give it another chance and start over.

If the problem continues, contact us for help.

Message # 7005"
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by lmk
Ooh, a new and different error message! How exciting.

"Let´s Try That Again
We´re having some trouble completing your request right now. Give it another chance and start over.

If the problem continues, contact us for help.

Message # 7005"
Same message I got on Day 1 of this "soft launch".....come on now....7 days later and no progress???
Old Oct 7, 2008, 11:46 am

New Award Calendar

I love it.... good job on show low/med/high versus the previous way! All searches for me (I did a few random ones) showed availability at the levels shown on the calendar too!!!

Great job Delta!!
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Well, not exactly my experience. The layout/display is nice, but more than once when I clicked on low for both out and inbound flights for a TATL J itinerary I got 150,000 miles as the lowest available instead of 100,000. Grrr!
Same old same old!
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Showing the avaliablity versus selecting and getting the proper mileage are two completely different things.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by amps
Showing the avaliablity versus selecting and getting the proper mileage are two completely different things.
That's been my experience over the last couple days. Nothing is what it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.