Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's New Inflight Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Why do DL FAs not stand in the aisle as NW and CO do during the safety demo...is this something we might see change with the merger?
Because NW doesn't have tv's on its domestic planes and CO has a safety video and plays that when tvs are available.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am flying over the North Atlantic in late November and early December. Can you please include something in the video which explains how the flotation devices will help me if the plane goes down and I have to spend about 15 hours in the waters off Greenland?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by M11Stephen
Because NW doesn't have tv's on its domestic planes and CO has a safety video and plays that when tvs are available.
Sorry, I meant to say why do they stand at attention in the aisles, not perform the demo. CO and NW has their FAs stand at attention in the aisles when the videos are playing to draw attention to the serious nature of the information. DL does not do that.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am flying over the North Atlantic in late November and early December. Can you please include something in the video which explains how the flotation devices will help me if the plane goes down and I have to spend about 15 hours in the waters off Greenland?
I think you are refering to the infamous "place your hands on your knees, bend over and kiss your bum goodbye" instructions
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Sorry, I meant to say why do they stand at attention in the aisles, not perform the demo. CO and NW has their FAs stand at attention in the aisles when the videos are playing to draw attention to the serious nature of the information. DL does not do that.
They do that so if the video cuts out or gets staticy the F/As can quickly do a manual demo. It seems like DL's video system maybe doesn't have that problem? I know on some of the widebodies, the Business Elite section PTV's must be stowed during taxi and there aren't any overhead monitors so the F/As have to do the "dance" along with the video.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:50 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

One of the flight attendants on the inaugural to KWI even did the 'finger wag.' (She was AWESOME, by the way--)
Old Dec 2, 2008, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Just saw the Deltalina for the first time on my flight to and from the islands on a swapped 757 Business Elite plane seated in BE
Old Dec 2, 2008, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Just saw the Deltalina for the first time on my flight to and from the islands on a swapped 757 Business Elite plane seated in BE
And, and, and.....

More man, more!

-b-

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.