Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Salt Lake City (SLC): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2013, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
According to EF, these are the MCTs for SLC:

For DL-DL connections:
D-D and D-I: 30 minutes
I-D and I-I: 55 minutes. Note if you're coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, it's considered a domestic arrival and thus the 30 minute D-D or D-I connection time applies.

Generic online and offline:
D-D: 40 minutes
D-I: 1 hour
I-D: 1 hour
I-I: 1 hour
Print Wikipost

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Salt Lake City (SLC): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
CBP at SLC is very fast, and baggage delivery/customs as well. The whole process should take less than 30 minutes.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Originally Posted by B7e7US
CBP at SLC is very fast, and baggage delivery/customs as well. The whole process should take less than 30 minutes.
So should I be able to get off my plane from Paris and go threw CBP and customs and catch my flight to phx in the 55 minute layover or else I can choose a other returning flight with more layover time.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by comptr
So should I be able to get off my plane from Paris and go threw CBP and customs and catch my flight to phx in the 55 minute layover or else I can choose a other returning flight with more layover time.
55 minutes should be fine if your inbound flight is on time. Any delay could affect you. It's always better to play on the safe side and chose a longer layover, so if you can chose one with a longer layover, go for it.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
55 min CDG-SLC-PHX is more than enough time. Unless you want to hang out in the SkyClub, get a seat towards the front on the CDG-SLC segment and you'll be at your gate to PHX in no time.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:46 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by comptr
I would personally go with a longer connection if something reasonable is available. If you're coming from BLR, that's a pretty large time change and a very long trip. The chance to eat something and stretch my legs after a long flight is, to me, worth a little extra time and :55 is awfully tight for an international to domestic connection, even if it's legal and at an easy airport for connections and immigration/customs.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Well I read all of the replays and its probably best to choose a return where I have more then 55 minutes due to coming off a international flight.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
So I am going to be doing a 32 minute connection at SLC. Both flights are on DL. One out of SEA to SLC. then from SLC to MEM.

Is this safe? I have been a bit tense about this, mainly because the one to MEM is the last one of the night and I could be stranded very easily there.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Azzuristar
So I am going to be doing a 32 minute connection at SLC. Both flights are on DL. One out of SEA to SLC. then from SLC to MEM.

Is this safe? I have been a bit tense about this, mainly because the one to MEM is the last one of the night and I could be stranded very easily there.
As long as your SEA-SLC flight is on time, 32 minutes should be more than enough.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:53 pm

layover time

Arriving on DL from New Orleans ... 48 minute layover in SLC before a flight to PHX. Is that enough time to change planes?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
welcome to FT!

48 min should be plenty of time ... SLC is a very easy airport to negotiate, even if you're transferring between B and D concourses
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Tons of time there.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: DL FO
48 minutes is plenty of time, even walking with a cane, which I have had to do a couple of times before. Always made it to the gate with time to spare after hobbling down the hallway between concourses. No worries, unless your plane gets in later. Then, you may have to do some jogging.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:11 pm

Hi Guys,

We have a flight booked from MSY to Calgary next March.

Initially we had a decent layover in SLC but now with flight changes it is just 33 minutes.

I called Delta and they said that the minimum is 30 mins so as far as they are concerned it is OK.

What do you guys think? I have never transited through SLC before and with a change from terminal 2 to 1 it sounds very tight to me.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by PJ249
Hi Guys,

Initially we had a decent layover in SLC but now with flight changes it is just 33 minutes.

I called Delta and they said that the minimum is 30 mins so as far as they are concerned it is OK.

What do you guys think? I have never transited through SLC before and with a change from terminal 2 to 1 it sounds very tight to me.

SLC is pretty easy to transit - as long as you're on one ticket, you shoudl be fine.

Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by PJ249
Hi Guys,

T2 to T1 really isn't big - to the traveler it is actually all the same terminal, airside, with an "empty" space walkway (all glass to look out on the tarmac) between piers. It's not a long walk at all. Looking at where the flights gated at SLC today, I'd say it would be 5 minutes to walk there, not even using the moving walkways...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.