Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Is this a permanent move? (because of UK travel?)

I am "free agent" as of next year.

But, it's trending heavily OneWorld. Two vacations. Europe-SFO in BA Biz for €570 (roundtrip all-in) and Europe-KUL in BA first for €1150 (roundtrip all-in) sort of "created" that situation for me....
Well - let's wait and see before I say it is permanent. I wanted to give OneWorld a try because the schedules are just so damned convenient. However, jumping from DL DM to OneWorld Imitation Jewelry seemed like a huge huge pain and hence the plat challenge (still miffed I did not get an Exec Plat challenge but hey-ho). I can do a full days work and do DAY-PHL-MAN then a choice of MAN- ORD/PHL - DAY return and there is also an outward ORD possibility. Very convenient. And of course a bit like on DL if I am prepared to go via DTW/MSP then AMS or CDG loads of options - so with OW if I am prepared to go via LHR.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:23 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well - let's wait and see before I say it is permanent. I wanted to give OneWorld a try because the schedules are just so damned convenient. However, jumping from DL DM to OneWorld Imitation Jewelry seemed like a huge huge pain and hence the plat challenge (still miffed I did not get an Exec Plat challenge but hey-ho). I can do a full days work and do DAY-PHL-MAN then a choice of MAN- ORD/PHL - DAY return and there is also an outward ORD possibility. Very convenient. And of course a bit like on DL if I am prepared to go via DTW/MSP then AMS or CDG loads of options - so with OW if I am prepared to go via LHR.
I guess you haven't looked at my signature for the past few months. I was promoting a great opportunity to make AA Platinum that was a better value, IMHO than the AA challenge offer. The FlyerTalk thread I started is here. Alas, no offer again until (maybe) 2016.

Personally, if you fly more than just for occasional leisure flights schedule and operations should be your #1 determining factor.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Help, I have to go grocery shopping today!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:09 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by kipper
I really enjoy grocery shopping.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Kipper at the grocery store:

Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
methinks kipper may decide that she needs another beer (or perhaps two or three) tonight to deal with the banter in her direction
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I really enjoy grocery shopping.

Originally Posted by Howste
Kipper at the grocery store:

LOL, yes, and tonight, we ran into our realtor at the grocery store.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
...we ran into our realtor at the grocery store.
I hope nobody was injured.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Howste
I hope nobody was injured.
Just my pride.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I moved up to DM yesterday. Wanted to have it for our September EU trip and also to fill the void being left by baccarat_king and GRALISTAIR going to play in the OW sandbox.

(It seemed like a good idea at the time)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I moved up to DM yesterday.
^ Enjoy
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I moved up to DM ... to fill the void being left by baccarat_king and GRALISTAIR going to play in the OW sandbox.

(It seemed like a good idea at the time)
gain one regular, lose two part-timers ... DL probably calls it a net win
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I moved up to DM yesterday. Wanted to have it for our September EU trip and also to fill teh void being left by baccarat_king and GRALISTAIR going to play in teh OW sandbox.

(It seemed like a good idea at teh time)
Fixed it for you!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
gain one regular, lose two part-timers ... DL probably calls it a net win
I don't know about them classifying me as a win vs. those two. I rolled over 47K and have flown 78K+ revenue but my MQD is only $4,436 ($0.057 CPM) including a paid TATL. My gross spend was $5,415.

I just love that MSY has all the LVCC's to hold fares down. According to the FAA it has the highest % of O&D traffic of the top 50 airports, ~85%, and had more pax traffic in 2014 than RDU, SJC, SMF, SJU, SAT, RSW, PIT, CLE, IND, CVG, and others.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Aug 31, 2015 at 11:08 am Reason: Fixed my CPM number
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I just love that MSY has all the LVCC's to hold fares down.
They're doing a lousy job of it, based on a weekend I want to go there. It's more expensive (from NYC) than SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.