Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:31 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by jrl767
so I guess we should expect to see you posting in the "Do You Miss Flying" thread some time in early to mid December

No, I'm really fine not flying. I am happy to be in Amsterdam for the entire month of December.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well guys the F international Terminal Skyclub in ATL is just wonderful. Skydeck open, sun shining, think I got a tan. Now what shall I have to drink? Life is good - better than Scotty going to Syria or Carnarsie to IHOP.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Oct 23, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:42 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well guys the F international Terminal Skyclub in ATL is just wonderful. Skydeck open, sun shining, think I got a tan. Now what shall I have to drink? Life os good - better than Scotty going to Syria or Carnarsie to IHOP.
Belvedere or Ketel martini, or a Moët split.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Belvedere or Ketel martini, or a Moët split.
I will reserve that fro the plane. In the SC I went for the "free" Finlandia in my Bloody Mary
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
I will reserve that fro the plane. In the SC I went for the "free" Finlandia in my Bloody Mary
Can I smuggle some of the Finlandia out of the SC and into the UC, since the swill that is served in the UC can probably be used as 87 octane?

McCormick's Rum Review
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm continuing to cheat on DL this week. The UA SDC seems to work as easily as DL's used to.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
First dimramon wanted to send N830MH to ISIS and now Canarsie is suggesting that he go to IHOP.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I just thought that all of this waffling around ought to end...
Would you please knock it off! You have stop asking me about going to Syria. I am not going to fight ISIS. I won't be there. I stay in America. I am not going to move to Europe. I won't be with my brother. Out of questions! Would you please stop bugging at me!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
so I guess we should expect to see you posting in the "Do You Miss Flying" thread some time in early to mid December

I didn't know that thread existed. I won't be on another DL flight until 14 Nov, and I miss it already. I do have some American ERJ-145 flights coming up. I normally avoid RJs if possible, but it was 9000 Avios plus $11 for a roundtrip to NYC. Plus, I'll get to check out the LGA Centurion Lounge and spend my birthday at the Le Parker Meridien thanks to SPG's recent one night for each stay promo! ^ Really though, I feel a little sad when I realize it's past 5pm on Saturday and I haven't received an upgrade email for next Friday's flight.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Well guys the F international Terminal Skyclub in ATL is just wonderful. Skydeck open, sun shining, think I got a tan. Now what shall I have to drink? Life is good - better than Scotty going to Syria or Carnarsie to IHOP.
Nice. Will be there on Saturday. Look forward to it. If the weather cooperates.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
In my experience, it is best to avoid traveling as a passenger on Alitalia
The remainder of the post is unnecessary.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
You and I should have a drink sometime in the Dayton area. I live close to I-75 exit 44.
Isn't there a Dayton DO in the planning stages?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I didn't know that thread existed. I won't be on another DL flight until 14 Nov, and I miss it already. I do have some American ERJ-145 flights coming up. I normally avoid RJs if possible, but it was 9000 Avios plus $11 for a roundtrip to NYC. Plus, I'll get to check out the LGA Centurion Lounge and spend my birthday at the Le Parker Meridien ...
I certainly hope at least one of the following is true:
(a) your wife doesn't read your FT posts
(b) your wife is traveling with you (or meeting you there)

Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by kipper
Isn't there a Dayton DO in the planning stages?
I'm trying to figure out how to get there the afternoon of Wed 10 Dec, since I am most likely going to want to be in SEA the following afternoon/evening
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I certainly hope at least one of the following is true:
(a) your wife doesn't read your FT posts
(b) your wife is traveling with you (or meeting you there)

She's taking the train up, so she'll miss the LGA lounge. I'm looking forward to what should be a great weekend including finally making it to the Intrepid museum. When we tried to go a few years ago we arrived right as they were closing. Of course, back then they didn't have Enterprise. I need to make it out your way to see Discovery too.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is lots of cool stuff at Udvar-Hazy, and I have a great story about the picture of the UA 767 (it wasn't there when the center first opened in 2003 -- in fact the entire Commercial Aviation exhibit gallery was rather sparsely populated, but that changed for the better before our next visit in 2008) ... I need to get back there to see Discovery before we head back home to the "real" Washington in the spring

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.