Wiki Posts
Search

any advice for pakistan routing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
any advice for pakistan routing

There doesn't appear to be any routing available on sky team partners to KHI pakistan. Anyone have any tips or does it look like I'll have to fly one of the gulf carriers and forego earning skymiles?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Well, you do say where you are leaving from, but Saudia does serve KHI and is a ST carrier.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Just a general tip until you tell us your origin, Google Flights and bookwithmatrix may help.

If you really want to earn miles, I've seen them give some pretty interesting routings/options that can be booked on DL.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:19 pm

OP, I fly to Karachi several times a year, you haven't mentioned where in the US, but in general many skyteam partners will fly you to Dubai. Prices are typically a lot better to Dubai.

From Dubai, you can typically get a $100 ticket on emirates, flydubai, pia etc (many flights daily). I'm assuming you have a US passport so no visa issues connecting in dubai even if you have to leave to go from T3 to T2 etc.

Alternatively, if you go to Pakistan more than one time a year, see if you can get KHI-US-KHI roundtrip flights, they are a lot cheaper (even in business class).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the help.

Saudi has horrible mile earnings.

I'll be originating from BNA or ORD
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kuhlguy
Thanks for the help.

Without bothering to try and book this, off-hand my suggestion would be either ORD-AMS-DMM-KHI, with the first two legs on KLM and the last on Saudia or ORD-CDG-RUH-KHI, with the first two legs on Air France and the last on Saudia. Alternately, if you're flying from BNA, BNA-ATL-AMS/CDG-etc.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by kuhlguy
Thanks for the help.

Originating from Chicago (or NYC, Boston) would be vastly cheaper. Typically Qatar/Emirates/Etihad are better for flying to pakistan, so AA mileage earning is better.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Route yourself through CDG and DXB for miles and the short flight to KHI on somebody else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.