Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Discrepancy between F and C+ product offerings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG

I flew last week in F with a connection in MSP with both flights being around 3 hrs. Due to the meal windows, there was no meal service in F, just the same snack basket as offered in C+. I'd originally planned to quickly grab dinner in MSP but an hour+ delay meant I ended up having to run between the two flights and no time.

C+ bulkhead row had more legroom than my row 4 F seat, same free drinks, same snacks. When I asked about buying a snack box given the lack of food in F, I was told I could only buy one after all C and Y pax has been served. The result was that the snack boxes were all sold out.

While the C+ seats are obviously narrower, on the MD90 the difference is actually fairly nominal in terms of width, and if one can score bulkhead on many of the aircraft types the legroom is actually better. Certainly with respect of F&B offerings C+ effectively gets a superior service offering than F.

Given Delta's push to monetize F, I'm a bit surprised that C+ is in some respects a better offering than F. It's definitely frustrating that spending 8 hours travelling with 2 x 3 hour flights I can't even buy a snack box when there's no meals in F.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
The statement that you have to wait until the snack boxes have been sold in Y is very unusual. Whenever I ask for a snack box or food for sale from Y, my FA is more than happy to rush back to get me what I want...
The snack basket in Y+ does not have all of the same options as the snack basket in F on these flights. Snack baskets are only offered in Y+ on flights over 965mi (or so).
synergistic likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:43 am

Can't believe you were told you couldn't buy one - that's worth an email, in my book, that needs looked into. More generally, though, it is surprising that they don't do anything 'special' for ~3hr flights if the mealtimes don't work out. I suppose I don't make it to F on DL enough to be aware of that. Makes me feel better about my W fares, though I understand why it makes you feel worse about FC prices.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Christefan
The snack basket in Y+ does not have all of the same options as the snack basket in F on these flights. Snack baskets are only offered in Y+ on flights over 965mi (or so).
I wondered about that -- my recent flights, under 1000 miles haven't gotten the FC basket.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by Christefan
The statement that you have to wait until the snack boxes have been sold in Y is very unusual. Whenever I ask for a snack box or food for sale from Y, my FA is more than happy to rush back to get me what I want...
This has not been my experience. Like the OP I have been told several times that I would need to wait until the C+ and Y pax have been offered food for sale first. Of course, nothing was ever left over.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lbcnu
This has not been my experience. Like the OP I have been told several times that I would need to wait until the C+ and Y pax have been offered food for sale first. Of course, nothing was ever left over.
This makes some sense when there's a meal in FC, but on flights with no meal, a poor starving passenger in FC should be able to *buy* a snack box.

IMO flights that aren't short but fall between meal times should get a snack service similar to the mid-flight or close to arrival but not breakfast snacks that one sees on long haul. Alternatively, DL could serve lunch on non-short flights that don't serve breakfast or dinner, including not only midafternoon but also late evening.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mot29
I wondered about that -- my recent flights, under 1000 miles haven't gotten the FC basket.
My 1300 mile flight to LAS earlier didn't have the FC basket but did have a meal. I've been noticing lately that if I get a meal in F, I rarely ever see the snack basket.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just had a flight that not only served dinner in FC but also passed the snack basket before and after dinner. It seemed to be some sort of intermediate snack basket, with no little bags of chips, but it had things beyond nuts, pretzels, and biscoffs. I didn't notice whether the same snack basked was offered in C+.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
My return flight from LAS didn't have the snack basket again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.