Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lax or sfo to atl. Which is an easier ruc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz

hey guys. Have to separate trips and was wondering if anybody had an opinion if sfo to atl or lax-atl was easier for a platinum to have a regional upgrade clear. Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I would have to say LAX as there is more lift per day and later flight options. But to be honest, its tough. I always pay for F on either of these routes.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by micstatic
hey guys. Have to separate trips and was wondering if anybody had an opinion if sfo to atl or lax-atl was easier for a platinum to have a regional upgrade clear. Thanks
Yup, ATL-LAX/SFO is one of the toughest UGs for all types of UGs. On the day of departure, F is often already sold out or only 1 seat is left. Lots of Paid F on this route. The best flight to probably use your RUC on is LAX-ATL on the 777. 37 seats in F cabin is a lot better than the 20 you'll find on a 75D/739.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Are you connecting in ATL? If so, try to find a routing via MSP or DTW that you can confirm immediately. Then SDC via ATL.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Nope. Atlanta is the destination. I've had one go thru lax to atl. On a 757. Missed twice on a 777. Which was a bummer considering I chose the flight thinking it would go thru.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by micstatic
Nope. Atlanta is the destination. I've had one go thru lax to atl. On a 757. Missed twice on a 777. Which was a bummer considering I chose the flight thinking it would go thru.
Flights with lie-flats are much more likely to sell out in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.