Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flying on KLM / Alitalia earned zero miles. Does this look right to you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

So went to check how many crumbs I earned on my latest trip and saw straight up zeroes for outbound flights on Alitalia (booked as KLM but on Alitalia metal)

Does this look right to you?

MIA TO FCO
KL 2747
Operated by Alitalia
Fare Class Paid/Flown
V/Y
--
FCO TO VCE
AZ 1475
Fare Class Paid/Flown
R/Y
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:30 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Since you said outbound flights, I'm guessing these were flown within the past few days. Partner mileage can take some time to post. Don't stress yet.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can start by looking on delta.dumb for the partner earning charts to see whether V and R class earn on KLM and AZ.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can start by looking on delta.dumb for the partner earning charts to see whether V and R class earn on KLM and AZ.
Here are the links:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en.../alitalia.html

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-airlines.html
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I have seen those and thats why I was surprised to see zero miles earned.
You know how you pull up your activity and see the breakdown.. So outbound flights on June 24th all have zeroes. Delta flights taken back to US on the 6th have miles posted.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CKDGM
Since you said outbound flights, I'm guessing these were flown within the past few days. Partner mileage can take some time to post. Don't stress yet.
June 24th.

"Most flights will be posted to your account within 24 hours of the flight. However, some partner airline flights may take up to 7 days to post. If your flights are not credited to your account after 7 days, use this form to request your mileage credit."

And it gets better. when trying to submit missing mileage request it says "Unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later or contact SkyMiles."

Last edited by ThePointsCollector; Jul 10, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:14 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
June 24th.

"Most flights will be posted to your account within 24 hours of the flight. However, some partner airline flights may take up to 7 days to post. If your flights are not credited to your account after 7 days, use this form to request your mileage credit."

And it gets better. when trying to submit missing mileage request it says "Unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later or contact SkyMiles."
Use the Comment/Complaint link on Delta.com and select SkyMiles from the options listed.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
June 24th.

Give a call to DL or email. I find calling better though. Appears you should earn 25% of distance flown as miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.