Search

WX Waiver - Northeast 6/23-6/24

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
WX Waiver - Northeast 6/23-6/24

Fyi for those who haven't seen yet... DL posted a weather waiver for northeast regional airports due to expected incoming weather from the leftovers of tropical storm Cindy, primarily tstorms.
www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/advisories/northeast-weather.html

Affected Cities (To / From / Through) Boston, MA (BOS)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
New York, NY-Kennedy (JFK)
New York, NY-LaGuardia (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Newburgh, NY (SWF)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
White Plains, NY (HPN)

Impacted Travel Date(s)

June 23 - 24, 2017

Ticket must be Reissued On/Before and Rebooked Travel Begin by

June 27, 2017
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Woke up to a text about this waiver this morning. I'm on the late LAX-JFK red-eye tonight so not to worried.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I got a text and e-mail as well since I'm flying out of BOS tomorrow. I do love how DL has become proactive on notifying passengers about weather waivers ^.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another day, more mass delays for BOS. Pathetic coordination of the runway closure with known summer traffic.

Gotta love it when you look at some flight stats and it shows 0% for on time in the past month.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by rylan
Another day, more mass delays for BOS. Pathetic coordination of the runway closure with known summer traffic.

Gotta love it when you look at some flight stats and it shows 0% for on time in the past month.
It's not like winter is any better for construction projects. They didn't really have much of a choice.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is this couple month period called April~May when they could've started, instead of having flights that are delayed for hours every day for 6 weeks.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Welp, my inbound left the gate at JFK 90 minutes ago and still hasn't taken off. Looks like it's going to be a long night. Such is the joys (sometimes) of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.